Tuesday 3 May 2016

Reviews: Boooks 1-3 of the Wrecked and Ruined series by Aly Martinez

Wrecked and Ruined series by Aly Martinez
 
Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined #1)
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Holy emotional rollercoaster! This book didn't just pull on my heart strings, it grabbed ahold of them and didn't let go until the very last page. This book was so well written I felt like I was a part of the story, it gave me a real case of the 'feels'!
Brett met Sarah when he was twenty-one years old. They fell hopelessly and madly in love, got married and were living their happily ever after. Until one night when tragedy struck in the form of a car accident. Sarah and her best friend Manda were in that car. Brett, a detective, and his partner and best friend Caleb, who was also Manda's fiance, got the call from dispatch alerting them to the accident. And as thery were racing to the scene the only information they had was that there had been one fatality and one injured. That night Brett's life irrevocably changed, his world as he knew it was over. That night he lost his wife. Sarah survived the accident but she was forever altered.
Four years later Brett meets Jesse, sweet, shy, feisty when pushed Jesse. Only Brett's past is still very much a part of his present and keeps getting in the way, or rather he is allowing it to get in the way.
This is one tragic story that made me feel so many emotions, the characters and their story got in my head and embedded themselves in my heart, I couldn't stop reading until I knew what became of them. I was totally engrossed, I read this book in one sitting because it demanded to be finished, I don't think I even had a choice in the matter!
This is a brilliant, emotional read that will suck you in from the first page. I highly recommend you experience this journey and get to know these characters.
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
I met Sarah Kate Erickson when I was twenty-one years old. I was lucky enough to keep her for seven years before a tragic accident stole her from me. She didn’t die, but sometimes I think it would have been easier if she had.

I lived in a haze for those four years after the accident. Catering to her every need, even though she hated the very sight of my face. I tried to hold on to her and the future that we were supposed to build together. But you can’t hold on to someone who doesn’t exist anymore.

It wasn’t until I met Jesse Addison, a barista at the local coffee shop, that I realized I didn’t just lose Sarah that tragic night, I lost myself as well. Jesse taught me how to let go of the past and learn to love again. But what happens when your past haunts your present, and the woman you used to love refuses to accept the woman you can’t live without?
 
 
 
 
Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined #2)
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This is Caleb Jones' story, the best friend and partner of Brett from book one. Caleb tragically lost his fiance in a car accident five years ago. Not only is Caleb crippled by the grief of losing her but he's also eaten up with hate for Sarah Erickson. She was his fiance's best friend and Caleb believes she was the cause of the horrific accident that stole her away from him.
The Emma Jane Erickson walks into his life and knocks him on his ass. For the first time in years he's feeling something other than hate and grief. But will he be able to get over the fact that his little Emmy is the sister of the woman he believes took everything from him; Sarah.
This is another great book from Aly Martinez, an emotional and gut-wrenching read. It has so many ups and downs that it's one of those books that leaves you an emotional wreck afterwards but aren't those the best kinds of books?
Aly Martinez has certainly wrecked and ruined me with this series so far, but I just cannot wait for more!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
I fell in love with Manda Baker eight years ago, and I loved her to the core of her soul. We were supposed to have that elusive happily ever after and spend a lifetime together. But that was all before she was STOLEN from me.

Her best friend, Sarah Erickson, killed her. It wasn’t intentional. It was far worse. Everyone claims it was just an accident, but I can see through the lies. Even if it’s with my dying breath, I will make her pay for what she did.

Fate hates me. It robbed me of my first love and left me to navigate through this world emotionless and numb. Then, one day, spiteful fate gave me a woman to fill my shattered soul and make me feel again. It gave me Emma Jane Erickson. Now I spend my days searching for the answers that will ruin Sarah and my nights falling in love with her sister—the one person who is bound and determined to save her.

But what happens when everything you know to be true explodes around you? Who will be left to pick up the pieces, and who will need to be saved from the wreckage?
  
 
 
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1NiWHzV 
 
 
Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined #2.5)
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This book is completely standalone from the Wrecked and Ruined series, it is connected in that one character from this book features in one of the other books, but you do not need to have read the others to read this. That being said I recommend you do reasd them because they are just that bloody good!
This book is quite dark in parts, it does contain scenes of sexual abuseso if that is a trigger for you, be aware.
Erica is such a strong character, she's resilient, a survivor and I really admired her. Slate is just a God among men! I think he may be one of my favourite ever book boyfriends! He's alpha, protective, sweet and has a rocking bod! He's a freaking heavyweight champ! Drool-worthy stuff, right?
Aly Martinez is fast becoming one of my favourite authors for overprotective alpha males - my favourite kind of males! I can see her books becoming an automatic one-click for me in future. I'm obsessed with this author's books at the moment, if you haven't read her yet then get to it! You won't be disappointed!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
My name was Dr. Erica Hill. I was a victim, then a witness, and then I ceased to exist altogether.

I may still be breathing, but stripped of my identity, I have long since stopped living. I am invisible, and my life depends on my ability to stay in the shadows.

But he sees me.

Slate Andrews is the embodiment of everything I have been taught to avoid. He’s rich and famous, and one image of him with a woman would earn millions for any paparazzi lucky enough to snap it. He has vowed to protect me with his life, yet he exposes me with his every breath. I should be stronger and walk away. I should disappear. But I’m terrified he would come after me.

I’m on the run, determined not to take him down with me but absolutely unable to let him go.

My name is Riley Peterson…at least for today.
 
 
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1SZ2ZqC 
 
 
Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined #3)
 
*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Another five star read from Aly Martinez!
I have to admit, I had reservations going in to this book, I just didn'ty particularly like Sarah enough to want her to have an HEA. I just couldn't forget the things she did in the past books of the series but I loved Leo enough in Among The Echoes enough to give it a try. Plus, Aly Martinez's writing style is freaking addictive to me so I decided I would put aside any negative feelings I had for Sarah. And I am so glad I did! This book really gives you a look inside Sarah's head. Even though you may, like I, go back and forth in your feelings for her throughout this book, you will at least gain a level of understanding of what she's going through.
I have to admire the way Ay Martinez handled the issue of depression, I found it to be very real and not at all glossed over or romanticized. It was handled expertly and these characters just became like real people, with faults and struggles and imperfections aplenty. And I think in the end, it was these imperfections and faults that endeared me to Sarah. She had a lot to overcome and despite her past she should be admired for doing so.
I have absolutely adored this series and can't wait to get stuck in to the spin-off series, On The Ropes, and look forward to adding another author to my automatic one-click list.
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
Seven years ago, my life changed forever. One accident and the person I saw in the mirror no longer resembled the woman I used to be. I was lost and confused inside my own body. I felt alone and disconnected from the world, carrying the incredible weight of guilt and loss that wasn't even mine to harbor.

Then fate led me to Leo James. He taught me that crazy could be perfectly normal and it shouldn't hurt to breathe. Don't get me wrong. Leo isn't perfect. He has his own cross to bear, and the truth is, that might be why I fell for him in the first place. But despite everything he does for me, learning to forgive myself is infinitely harder than overlooking the flaws of another.

Now, the secrets and lies of our past have begun to dictate our future—threatening to ruin us before we get the chance to try. Perhaps we were cursed from the start. Or maybe, just maybe, the remnants of our fractured lives will fit together to form one whole, where love isn’t questioned and being happy is…well, easy.

Can a second broken soul be enough to fill the voids of my own? Or will such scarred pasts prove too much for our love alone to overcome?
 
 
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/24vgK2y 
 
 
 
~Buy Links for the Series Box Set~
 


No comments:

Post a Comment