Monday 2 May 2016

Review: Dex (Kinky Shine #1) by Stephanie Witter

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This is my first time reading anything by this author and I absolutely loved this book. Once I started it was really hard for me to put down. I am the biggest fan of the whole rockstar romance genre but Dex was different than any other book I've read in this genre. It is filled with secrets, mystery, hunky rockstars, and, of course, sex, drugs, and rock n' roll.
Harley Floyd's father, the manager of the band Kinky Shine, asked her to come make the band more approachable seeing as how they avoid social media at any cost. Dex and Harley's first meeting ends with Harley wanting to strangle him but she can't but want to know more about the mysterious frontman of Kinky Shine. Dex has some trust issues from his younger years and one secret that nobody but his band knows about. I absolutely loved Dex, once he stopped being a complete jerk. He actually grew on me. Harley and Dex had explosive chemistry from their first meeting. Will Harley be able to get to the man behind the mystery? You'll have to one click and find out.
I definitely recommend Dex to anyone looking for a hot sexy rockstar romance. You'll get that and so much more. I can't wait to see what else the author has in store for us and I can't wait to read Maxen's, the drummer's, story next!
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler 
 
 
She succeeded in making him feel like a man. A normal functioning man when he hadn’t felt that way in years.

"Who're you f*cking?"

When my father, manager of the worldwide phenomenon Kinky Shine, asked me to come and help the band members appear more approachable I never thought my first meeting with Dex Bowers would start with such a question.

Immediately, I wanted to strangle him, wipe the smirk off his face and force him to mutter more than three words.

But there's something mysterious about him that was electrifying and the more he pushed me away and angered me, the more I wanted to know him and push through his hangups.

"Trust. That f*cking trust thing didn't come easily to me."

In the five years since my band became famous, not once had I been photographed with a woman. I knew it fed the supposed mystery surrounding me, but the real truth was far more humiliating than I was comfortable with.

That was until Harley Floyd walked in and I was left with a mind numbing lust for her that scared me shitless. It should be easy to let go and trust her just enough to have fun, to be happy I could finally come up with new material for our next album. But nothing was easy and with a life made of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll I wasn't sure if anything could last. Not even my band.

"What twenty-five year old was f*cking lost when his cock was rock hard when close to a gorgeous woman?  One answer to that; a man who hadn’t had sex in a really long time."
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment