Sunday 1 May 2016

Review: Ladies Man (Manwhore #3) by Katy Evans

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Warning: Do Not expect Tahoe Roth to be another Malcolm Saint.
*SIGHS*
You know that game Kiss, Marry, Avoid? Well Tahoe Roth is the man I would want to do the first two things with. He is simply the perfect blend of Alpha/Playful. He's the joker of the pack, but underneath it all is a man who has got a little bit lost along the way.
If you want raw passion like Manwhore, then this isn't likely the book for you. This was more about the emotion and the build up, because despite being absolutely perfect for one another, Tahoe and Gina just couldn't see that. Tahoe was absolutely perfect though and the way he worshiped Gina just had my heart melting.
I absolutely adore Katy Evans writing style. Her characters are so wildly different that there is just no way you can compare them, and the reason I say this is because I am a self confessed Malcolm Saint groupie.
If I'm honest the lead up to Tahoe and Gina's relationship was what made this book for me. I loved the pull they had towards one another. I loved that despite thinking they were wrong for one another they were in fact perfect.
I do imagine this book will be perceived as a little slower compared to Manwhore, but it is for that reason I actually loved it, because sometimes a love story just can't be rushed and in the end becomes just as perfect.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
TAHOE ROTH.
Irreverent, cocky, playful and naughty.
He’s not the guy you date.
He’s the one night stand.
The one your mother warned you about.
The one your body craves.

You’d think the man who called me succulent would want to strip me down and spread me out on his bed—like he’s done with countless others.
But he passed on my offer….
Just like I’d once passed on his.
He’s wary, like I am.
He’s broken, like I am.
And everyone knows two broken parts can’t ever make a whole.
Tahoe and I are strictly friends.
So I distract myself with other men.
He doesn’t think my new man is good enough. This blond blue-eyed beast doesn’t think any man is—himself included.
But the more time we spend together, the more confused I feel.
I'm trying to open myself to love.
Yet I'm quickly realizing that the only man I want is Tahoe Roth.
The one man who will surely break my heart.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment