Wednesday 25 May 2016

Review: Derision by Trisha Wolfe

*****5 Stars*****


I was instantly intrigued by Derision when I first heard about it. I love a good dark read and am a huge fan of erotic romances with elements of BDSM so went into the story expecting a lot. As I began to read, I realized there was even more to this story than I initially was expecting. It was a dark, complicated and intense read with plenty of twists and turns to keep my constantly engaged and on the edge of my seat.
Alexis works at Lark and Gannet, a law firm that is not as it appears on the surface. She is an introvert and her life is made up of working and trying to locate her missing brother. When she decides to try for a promotion, she discovers moving up through the ranks of this law firm requires some very unorthodox ‘extras.’ During the day you will be working on high profile cases, but at night, you must submit to the men of the firm. Alexis ends up working under (literally and figuratively) Chase, one of the founding members of the firm. He is dominant, ruthless and proves to be utterly compelling for both Trisha and the reader.
I wasn’t entirely sold on Alexis as first. She is extremely shy and came off a bit weak as the story began. I liked her more and more as the story progressed. Chase and Alexis played so well off each other and really helped each other grow. Before Alexis, I doubt anyone would call Chase tender or caring but she definitely brought that out in him. He helped her find her own strength and backbone through her submission to him.
I really enjoyed this story. It was a difficult read at times as Wolfe was not afraid to take the characters to dark and twisted places. I loved her writing style and was engaged from page one. The plot was complicated and multilayered with lots of twists and turns. I highly recommend this story to people who love dark twisty erotic reads.

Reviewed by Rosemary Feil


Here at Lark and Gannet, you’ll work directly under the partners, being groomed by the most powerful, all-male partnership to handle an exclusive clientele. While within The Firm, your level of training goes deeper, requiring more…varied tasks, which you’re obligated to perform to your Master’s pleasing.

Are you nervous? You should be. Chase Larkin has chosen you to be his submissive.

Alexis Wilde, will you submit?

All I wanted was to save my brother. Something my parents failed to do—and then, I failed him also. As an introvert, getting ahead in the cutthroat law firm required a level of ego stroking I didn’t posses, and that meant my talents were overlooked. Until Chase Larkin noticed me.

My erotic fantasy come to life, Chase is all powerful, all man, all dominant. In one night, he changed my life irrevocably. Now I’m ruined, destined to crave him forever. His scent. His taste. His brutal touch…

If I never followed him to his office that night, then none of this would’ve happened. A stalker on the prowl. Our lives in jeopardy. And only a moment—one pivotal moment—to decide our fate. His life or mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment