Tuesday 10 May 2016

Review: The One by Kristin Vayden

****4 Stars****

This was one book I was so looking forward to due to its blurb shining in originality and sounding fun and I was not disappointed.
Meredith worked for her best friend Roxi on a hugely successful internet blog. When Roxi came up with one of her ideas it usually spelled disaster for Meredith and she wasn't wrong this time either. After completing a poll on the blog about dating, Roxi wanted to send Meredith on a dating spree with 4 types of men, 1 week to date each then write a blog post on her experience. After the first 2 Roxi announces that she wants Meredith to fly to Edinburgh in Scotland for the next 2 guy's and since it's on her bucket list of places to visit she couldn't refuse. Fast forward to Meridith's arrival in Edinburgh and she can't believe her eyes when Satan aka Kirby and Roxi's stepbrother picks her up because lets face it they hate each other and have done since junior high. So can these 2 get their act together or will Meredith fall in love with the billionaire instead?
This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. It was well written and the storyline was filled with humour and unforgettable moments. Kirby was a sweetheart and very considerate towards Meredith even if there was secrets hiding in the closet that he couldn't yet spill. Meredith was what I would describe as a brave woman, most of the time she acted on impulse rather than pussyfoot around and it got the job done. The only slight problem I had with the book was in the slang spelling. I am Scottish myself and some of it was slightly off. However I am west coast and Edinburgh is east coast and has a deeper slang accent so it might be that so don't let it put you off because this book is a must read.
Reviewed by Claire Lamb

When your best friend is also your boss, ‘great ideas’ aren’t always optional.
After all, when you run the largest fashion, gossip and trend blog in the country, you got to take risks to keep it edgy.
Believe me. This is edgy.
The idea? For one week, date every male fantasy.
The list?
The Jock
The Rock star
The Billionaire
The Stepbrother

See how they are all crossed off except one? That’s because he’s Satan.
And Scottish.
And my best friend’s stepbrother.
And there may or may not have been an incident in Jr. high that he hasn’t forgiven me for…but that’s history.
Or so I hope, because I’m at his mercy for the next week…




No comments:

Post a Comment