Wednesday 11 May 2016

Review: Deep Under (Walker Security #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

****4 Stars****
 
 
Well, let me try and clear up where this book fits in to Lisa Renee Jones' collection of books. This book, Deep Under, was offered to me as Tall, Dark and Deadly, #4. Now I haven't read any of the earlier books in this series but was assured that it can be read as a standalone - which it can. So, although connected to that earlier series, it is also the first book in the Walker Security series.
Kyle is a great character. I loved his determination. There's just something about him that makes it impossible not to warm to him. He's strong, dependable and honourable.
Myla is a great character too. Despite her dire circumstances, she has (and continues to) survive. She's stronger and smarter than she's given credit for.
The sub-characters are great too and I can't wait for Asher's story!
I must also add that I'll certainly be getting my hands on the earlier books in the Tall, Dark and Deadly series - they should be great too.
This book is well written and edited, although I found the last chapter just a little rushed for me. However, it is definitely worth reading. It's quick, light and enjoyable....give it a go.
 
Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer 
 
 
Myla is beautiful, a dove with clipped wings, captive by the wolf, a vicious drug lord. One look into her eyes and Kyle could see the pain, the fear…the desperation. Or so it seems. He’s been fooled before by a woman and it cost him everything and everyone he loved. He won’t be fooled again.

Tall, dark, and deadly, these are the stories of the men who run Walker security. Each man is unique in his methods and skills, but all share key similarities. They are passionate about those they love, relentless when fighting for a cause they believe in, and all believe that no case is too hard, no danger too dark. Dedication is what they deliver, results are their reward.
  
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment