Sunday 15 May 2016

Review: Turn it Up (The Detroit Love Duet #2) by Kim Karr

****4 Stars****

This, was one book that I couldn't wait to read, especially because of the way book one ended. It even begins exactly where the first book left us and even though some time has passed, I quickly caught up with what happened.
One thing that was clear to me pretty early on in this book was how Charlotte and Jasper's chemistry was just as insanely electric, if not more so than I recall. I really did enjoy scenes with these two.
What did puzzle me however, was that I did have some difficulty connecting with the secondary characters. I felt this was such a shame because it is possible that there could some build up to future books with them being the main characters. I don't know whether it was maybe down to the fact that certain characters who were under my suspicion in book one, turned out to be perfectly innocent and therefore maybe some of the excitement was lacking in this book.
The actually story involving Lightening Motors did drag somewhat and in the end got a little hard to follow, but there was enough in this book to keep me glued and I especially enjoyed the fact that it all revolves around the financial downturn of the city and the consequences and whilst it's not a completely accurate depiction of what happened, it does allow the reader to get a feel of what it must have been like.
Overall it was a good read, maybe not as great as the first book, but worth a read even if just to experience how amazing Charlotte and Jasper are together.
Reviewed by Louise Dale

Follow Jasper Storm and Charlotte Lane as their epic love story continues to heat up the pages in this childhood friends to lovers romance that began in Set the Pace.
Charlotte Lane was the tomboy who lived next door.
Eyes the color of the summer sky.
Mounds of curly blond hair.
A little bit of sassy and a whole lot of sweet.
She was my best friend. My confidant. My salvation.

But when circumstances tore us apart, it put more than just miles between us. I hated her. Blamed her for my worst nightmare. And I never wanted to see her again.

Then one wrong turn brought her back into my life and now she’s under my skin. In the midst of all the chaos surrounding us, she’s what’s changing me. Practically bringing me to my knees. Driving me to want to be a better man.

But nothing is ever easy.

And as our worlds begin to crumble…so do we.

Our bond withstood the test of time, but when the future brings the unexpected, it will either draw us closer or tear us apart.

Can we weather the storm?





No comments:

Post a Comment