Tuesday 17 May 2016

Review: The Spiral Down (The Fall Up #2) by Aly Martinez

****3.5 Stars****


This book was so highly anticipated by me and one that I couldn't wait to dive into. I mean what's better than two sexy guys? Well I can tell you, not a lot, because the sex scenes were definitely HOT! But for me that is where this book fizzled out a little. The fact that Evan is an airline pilot there was so much scope for some aero-naughty-cal action, but sadly this just wasn't to be.
For me, it failed to provide enough excitement with the storyline itself and as this book is told both in Evan's and Henry's point of view, I sometimes found it hard to distinguish between Evan and Henry, although Henry is certainly the more flamboyant of the two.
This book claims to be a standalone and whilst I fully accept it can be read as. such, I do recommend that people read the first book as there is a link. I loved the little snippets we got of Levee and Sam, who were the main focus of book 1 and I especially loved Henry's camaraderie with Sam.
Occasionally there seemed to be some confusion as to what was going on. It seemed to jump from one time to another and its not clear how we get from point A to point B. It was almost like some parts were missing.
Sadly this book just didn't live up to the standard set by the first book, which frustrated me somewhat. However I do feel that with some tweaking this has the making to be a fantastic book.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


I was afraid to fly.
He made me soar.
After years of climbing the ladder of success in the music industry, I finally had everything I could want.
Yet I still found myself wandering through life alone.

Captain Evan Roth was the one man I never saw coming.
Tall, dark, mysterious… Straight.

We were both damaged beyond repair and searching for something so elusive we weren’t sure it even existed.

But, when two broken souls collide in midair, falling is a given.

I just never expected to crave the spiral down.


                Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1Tk24iW




No comments:

Post a Comment