Monday 9 May 2016

Review: Jodie Larson by Jodie Larson

****3.5 Stars****
 
 
This is my first book by Jodie Larson and I quite enjoyed it. The whole forbidden student/teacher romance drew me in right away. I am the biggest fan of this genre but haven't read anything quite like this where the storyline takes place in high school.
I was drawn to Britta right away because she reminds me a lot of my young high school self, solely focused on her grades, reading, and just trying her best to get into all the best colleges. And then their is James. He is wondeful, sexy, intelligent, sweet, and the most genuine guy. I can't blame Britta for falling for him the way she does.
I love the way Britta and James met and at first they are unaware that one is a teacher and the other a student. It makes it harder to find their love something to frown upon. Their is a strong undeniable attraction between them from the start and they both try to ignore it until they just can't anymore. Their relationship goes way beyond just some sexual tension, which makes for a more natural realistic storyline. Larson even adds in a few great side characters, like Liam and Penny, Britta's brother and best friend who have more going on between them then we get to see. Along the way their are obstacles and people that they have to overcome and sacrifices that they both must make.
While I quite enjoyed this book, some of the speech used was quite redundant. The characters seemed to use the same phrases over and over again. And a lot of what they said to other was somewhat cheesy at times and made me roll my eyes. Overall though I really enjoyed Britta and James' story. I really hope we get a book about Liam and Penny next!
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
The first time we met, James Dumont knocked me off my feet.

He's sexy and smart, the classic good guy.... Exactly what I want, and everything I've ever dreamed of. The most perfect guy at Somerset High School.

He even makes sixth-period Geography interesting.

Everyone says high school is tough. Fighting my attraction to James? That's the hardest part, because this guy, my perfect match, the one who makes my heart overrule my head...

He's my teacher.

What if the greatest lesson you could learn in school couldn't be found in a book?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment