Saturday 14 May 2016

Review: Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) by Olivia Cunning

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
I am the biggest fan of rockstar romances and this book absolutely rocked! It sucks you in and makes it inevitable that you will completely fall in love with Brian and Myrna. I have to say that I absolutely love the new cover and that it's one of the main reasons that drew me into finally reading Backstage Pass. Now that I've read it, I'm beating myself up for not having read it sooner! Once you start this book you will not be able to stop till the very end and then you are still wanting more, more, more!!
Brian Sinclair, the lead guitarist for the band Sinners, meets psychologist Myrna Evans in a hotel bar and the chemistry between these two is undeniable. He has been having a creative block and unable to write any music until the sexy psychologist comes along. The second they make passionate love is when guitar riffs and solos bombard his mind until he has no choice but to grab a pen and write them all over her body in the midst of their embrace. But Myrna is weary of anything more than a purely sexual relationship and love is the farthest thing from her mind. Will Brian be able to convince her that he wants way more than just one tour with her? The sex in this book was off the charts scorching hot!! I think the author did a wonderful job making the attraction sexy and sensual, but not completely going overboard like we so often see nowadays in the erotica genre. The chemistry between these two will make you swoon.
While I did love this book, Myrna was so stubborn and got on my nerves a time or two throughout my reading. She is a very stubborn woman and even though Brian proved to her over and over again that he was different from all the other men that have been in her life, she kept on shying away from his loving and caring nature. I wanted to shake her a time or two to bring some sense to her. Backstage Pass is also written in 3rd person POV which took some getting used to since I usually prefer 1st person but that didn't take away from the overall story.
Now that I've discovered the wonderful writings of Olivia Cunning and have been introduced to the band Sinners, I am off to binge read the rest of the series!
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
Five stunning guys, one hot woman, and a feverish romance...

For him, life is all music and no play...

When Brian Sinclair, lead songwriter and guitarist of the hottest metal band on the scene, loses his creative spark, it will take nights of downright sinful passion to release his pent-up genius...

She's the one to call the tune...

When sexy psychologist Myrna Evans goes on tour with the Sinners, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. But Brian is the only one she wants to get her hands on...

Then the two lovers' wildly shocking behavior sparks the whole band to new heights of glory... and sin...
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment