Saturday 14 May 2016

Review: Conflicted by Ruby Black

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
I was so excited when I was offered the chance to review this book by Ruby Black - a new author....or is she?
Lucas is a great character! With his tortured soul and deeply held secrets, I couldn't help but be drawn to him. He keeps himself closed off from almost everyone and even his best friend doesn't know the whole truth.
Lacey is bright, hardworking and finally taking control of her own life. Wracked with low self confidence - not physically but in regards to her capabilities - and still dealing with a heart break, things change drastically.
Caught up in a whirlwind of things unrevealed, the past and ongoing shrouds of secrecy, will this friendship be ripped apart?
This book is beautifully written. It's not a hot, sexy read (or wasn't for me anyway) but it didn't matter. It wasn't needed - the story speaks for itself.
I absolutely loved the characters. There's love, friendship and heartache. The writing is emotive and I was easily swept up in the tale.
I was pleased, albeit nervous, to see that there is a second book and I'll be eagerly waiting to get my hands on it.
5 stars from me!
 
Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer 
 
 
She’s the only one I’ve ever needed and the only one I’ll never have.

The only problem is…she’s my best friend.

I’ve always felt the connection, but I just can’t go there. Not with her. She deserves better than what I can offer her. So I drown myself in women and booze, certain I’m doing the right thing, keeping her at a distance.

Or so I thought.

When Lacey tells me about the internship she’s scored with a hotshot criminal attorney, I’m happy for her. This could make her career. If anyone deserves success, it’s her.

Then I learn who her new ‘mentor’ is.

My father.

Now, the secrets I’ve been keeping may cost me the very friendship I’ve been trying to protect.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment