Wednesday 4 May 2016

Review: When I'm With You (Hope Town #3) by Harper Sloan

*****5 Stars*****

Harper Sloan just keeps getting better and better, and the alpha males she's famous for just keep getting sexier and more alpha!
This is Nate's (Izzy and Axel's son) and Emberlyn's (Maddox and Emersyn's youngest daughter) story. Holy crap did Nate grow up to be a chip off the old block! He is so dominant, so freakin sexy! And little Emberlyn, the baby of the group, certainly came into her own. She's relatively meek but she shows she can handle a man like Nate.
These are some of my favourite ever characters so I'm always up for a revisit with them, but I'm also loving the stories of the next generation of Corps Security kids, I hope this series never ends!
Emberlyn finally plucked up the courage to tell Nate how she feels about him on her eighteenth birthday. She was sure her feelings were reciprocated but Nate absolutely crushed her when he rejected her, said he only saw her as a friend. Three years later and Ember has been doing her level best to avoid Nate, to avoid coming face to face with the man who hurt her. But Nate has decided enough is enough, the time has come for them both to lay it all out on the table and see where they both stand.
This is another fab read and excellent installment in the Corps Security/Hope Town series, a book I could not put down. Which is all the more impressive as I'd previously been in a book funk for weeks, unable to settle into a book and read for more than a few minutes at a time. This book though, I couldn't stop reading! There is something about Harper Sloan's writing style that is just so addictive.
I need to also mention those epic epilogues, yes, plural! I LOVE an epilogue, I'd even go so far as to say that in most books I need them, and in this case I was spoilt rotten!
I can't wait to see whose story is next! There was no hints dropped in this book so I'm left to speculate until the next release. Don't dilly dally Miss Sloan, I'll be needing my next fix soon!

Reviewed by Steph Lewis

Nate:

It’s nearly impossible to be surrounded by love but not understand it. My parents, my sister, and just about everyone around us has no trouble accepting that love. To give your trust to someone else and believe they would die before hurting you. I’ve witnessed it—I’ve seen the power of it—but I’ve also seen the pain. Because for me, I’ve only loved someone I could never have, and my biggest fear is that by giving her my love, all I would do is ruin her. I should have tried harder, but I’m not sure I can because I only feel complete when I’m with her.

Emberlyn:

The only time I feel like I belong is when he’s near. His infectious smile warms me straight to my bones. Any insecurities I have vanish with just a wink from him. A sliver of his attention makes me feel invincible. But all it took was one drunken night of truths for me to lose everything I had begun to crave. Now, I’m not sure how to move on because I only feel complete when I’m with him.

He said I was too young. I said he was perfect. He said our families wouldn’t understand. I said we could weather any storm. He said he would ruin me. And he was right.





No comments:

Post a Comment