Tuesday 31 May 2016

Review: Wanted (A Monster Billionaire Romance) by Jani Kay & Normandie Alleman

***3 Stars***


This is a hard review to write!!
The idea and the plot of this book is great, but for some reason I just could not connect. I've spent a while considering whether that was just me or not, and I'm still not sure.
The main issue I think I had was Addison, I didn't connect with her at all, I didn't even like her. I could sort of understand where she was coming from in the beginning and why she was doing what she was doing. However once the story got going I understood her less and less, I found myself picking at her actions and losing respect for her because of the way she handled things. An example of which I'm going to attempt to give without giving away any spoilers. Her and Foster have a falling out, she leaves and then feels content to stay in an upscale hotel on his dime! She's mad at him when she should be the one feeling guilty. And her staying at a luxury hotel he's paying for makes her no better than what she accused him of early on in the book. That probably won't mean much to you if you've yet to read this book but those are my thoughts lol. Basically I didn't much like her as a person, I found her to be a hypocrite and actually rather cheeky and presumptuous. I'd have kicked her out on her a$$!
Now Foster I found I had a soft spot for. I liked that underneath it all he was actually quite unsure of himself and self-conscious about certain things. I liked that he was a bit bumbling at times, it was very endearing. And I suppose I kinda thought by the end that Addison didn't deserve his forgiveness, well maybe she did but he didn't make her work hard enough for it and her attempt at apologising was pretty lacking.
Overall the story is a good one but I feel it could be improved upon with a bit more excitement, it's a bit slow in places. This review is very much expressive of my personal tastes so if you've an interest in this book, don't let it put you off. Give it a go, you may love it, because I can definitely see how some people will.

Reviewed by Steph Lewis


FOSTER

I spent the last five years locked in a cage for a crime I didn’t commit.

Crucified by the press and social media. Hated by all.

But now that I’m a free man, I’m determined to prove I’m not the evil mastermind everyone thinks I am.

I just need someone to believe in me.

Someone like Addison James…

ADDISON

Foster Cruise is sexy as hell and worth billions. But he destroyed my family.

He may have gone to prison, but he hasn’t paid nearly enough for what I’ve lost.

He has no idea who I am, but I’m determined to prove what the law failed to—and put him back behind bars where he belongs.

I’ll offer him my body and sell my soul to that handsome-as-hell devil to make things right.

Trouble is, I’m afraid he’s already stolen my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment