Tuesday 31 May 2016

Review: Je suis à toi (Monsters in the Dark #3.5) by Pepper Winters

*****5 Stars*****


If you're a lover of the darker reads, and if you haven't yet discovered Pepper Winter's Monsters In The Dark series, you are seriously missing out.
To enjoy this book to the fullest, you must have read the first three books in the series, Tears Of Tess (book #1), Quintessentially Q (book #2) and Twisted Together (book #3).
If you have already read these, there's no need to re-read as it'll all coming flooding back to you.
Right from the start, the tension in this book was palpable, making me afraid, making my heart stutter.
Q has always kept his inner self caged and subdued to the best of his ability (given its strength and ferocity) but with Tess he's able to unlock that cage. He's able to be free because she begs for it. She craves it.
Secrets are never a good thing and they threaten to pull Tess and Q apart if they can't find their way back to each other.
I absolutely loved this book. Not only did it cement how much I love Pepper Winters' work but also rekindled my love of Q, Tess and this evocative series.
It's beautifully written, emotive and heartfelt. It carries you along so effortlessly that you'll reach the end without even realising that you've made the journey with the characters so quickly. You'll lament the end, because you'll want more.
An absolutely fantastic book! One not to be missed. 5 glowing stars from me!

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


“Life taught me an eternal love will demand the worst sacrifices. A transcendent love will split your soul, cleaving you into pieces. A love this strong doesn’t grant you sweetness—it grants you pain. And in that pain is the greatest pleasure of all.”

Q made me the happiest esclave in the world. He gave me his heart, his empire, his ruthless unforgiving love. And life finally left us in peace.

A man like my maître has special needs though, growing stronger as our lives intertwine. The only way to survive his monster is to agree to all his desires.

Including his latest wish.

I’m his.

And I won’t refuse.




No comments:

Post a Comment