Sunday 1 May 2016

Review: Marry Screw Kill by Liv Morris

***3 Stars***
 
 
I had great hopes for this book from the title and blurb which I found vague yet intriguing however sadly it just fell a little too flat for me. After a promising opener to the story, I really struggled to get into the book and felt no connection with the characters. The concept of the story was really good but the execution just wasn't up to par for me. ...
The book opens with a gut wrenching scene which held such promise as the lead character Harlow is witness to a heart-breaking situation that changes her life. We then jump four months and find Harlow living a life in a gilded cage with very little explanation as to how or why. And I wanted to just shake her for her stepford wives persona.
I liked Sin and loved how he helped Harlow to find the strength to realise the situation she was in but it was all a little too much too soon for me. And I'd have loved to have got to know more of James and the reasons for his actions, I really felt there was so many unanswered questions.
Sadly I found the lack of character development really affected my enjoyment overall of the story. This one just wasn't for me I think.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
 
There are two men in my life.

I'm marrying one, want to screw the brains out of another, and by the time this story is complete, you may want to kill someone.

Marry Screw Kill

The choices are still pending...


The standalone you need to read sitting down.
#NoCheating
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment