Monday 23 May 2016

Review: Manacle (MC Sinners Next Generation #3) by Bella Jewel

*****4.5 Stars*****

This is the long awaited story of Danny and Skye! I've been excitedly anticipating this particular story since the start of this series of the next generation of Sinners MC kids. There's been a lot of build up between these two since the spin-off series began. From the previous books we knew there was a lot of feelings between these two but we also knew they both wanted different things. With Danny set to step up as president of the MC when Jackson steps down and Skye wanting a life away from the MC, they were both heading in opposite directions.
This third book in this spin-off series was much better than the last one, I felt it was more recognisable as Bella Jewel's writing style and the flow of the story made for a much smoother read than the last book, which I did struggle with a bit and read in fits and starts. This one I read in one evening, I couldn't stop, which is usually how I react with a new Bella Jewel book.
I did say in my review of Drifter, the last book, that some parts of the story weren't recognisable as Bella Jewel's writing style. While this book was much more fitting in her style there were a couple of moments where the characters seemed very immature, which is the main reason I didn't connect with the last book and the reason behind my remark of it not seeming up to Bella's usual standard. However in this book, it was only something I noticed once or twice. It didn't at all effect my enjoyment of this book, and I actually think I was more critical and discerning when considering this book due to my issues with the last one, and still I enjoyed this immensely. I'm so glad I was able to fall I'm love with these characters all over again.

Reviewed by Steph Lewis

I’ve loved Danny since I was five.
He’s loved me longer.
It seemed destined that we would be together, it seemed like the stars had aligned.
Then we grew up and life got in the way.
He’s stepping up to be president of the Motorcycle club we grew up in.
And I want no part in it.
I want to be free, to travel the world and experience life without violence.
He’s not willing to give up the club.
I’m not willing to be an old lady.
But giving him up is like losing a part of myself.
Love isn’t easy.
Life certainly never is.
The manacles he has wrapped around me will hold me to him.
No matter how hard I try to run.





No comments:

Post a Comment