Wednesday 5 July 2017

Review: The Terms Part 1 by Ruby Rowe



****4 STARS****




Ellis is a hacker and is on a mission to find out what happened to his brother. When he discovers he had a son with his ex Camilla, he is furious and devices a plan to blackmail her. He forces her to move to his home, let him help raise Liam as a Burke and become his submissive. Camilla has experience with bad decisions and impossible situations. She has managed to make a life for herself, her sister and her beautiful son and she has no plans to let someone like Ellis destroy that. She'll do what she needs to, but she won't let any man get one over on her anymore. As Ellis and Cammy live together and engage in D/s, they both end up with more than either bargained for. Soon an arrangement that began through coercion becomes much more, but will secrets and their pasts get in the way of any future they may have?

I'll admit what initially attracted me to this book was the fact the male lead was a hacker. The BDSM didn't hurt either. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about blackmailing the element, but it worked here and I enjoyed this book quite a lot. It is part of a duo and ends on a cliffhanger, but isn't the kind of cliffhanger that will make you want to throw your kindle across the room. The BDSM scenes were hot and I enjoyed both Ellis and Cammy. I look forward to seeing if they can make a future for themselves once their pasts fully come to light in book two.





Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 




I wanted to hate her. For three years, Camilla withheld the fact that my brother had a son, Liam.

Then, Tony died without ever knowing his kid, and I was going to make sure Ms. Rose paid a price for her deceit. I also wanted Liam to be raised as a Burke. Our family’s legacy was one to carry on, so the terms were straightforward.

Live in my home.

Allow me to help raise Liam.

Oh, and agree to be my submissive.

In return, I agreed not to rip Camilla’s child away from her. I also offered them both financial security and a life of luxury. It seemed generous to me. It might’ve been simple, too, had she not reminded me of the lady in red. The one who haunted my dreams at night. Camilla’s hazel eyes were a mirror image, her sweetness more than an acquaintance to my subconscious.

I was a hacker by trade, and the internet was my best friend, sharing with me every secret I wished to unearth. I believed that until an unfathomable truth revealed itself in a different way.

Some secrets are never whispered, only sensed by the heart, and all along, my soul held the truth. It hid even from me the most important secret of them all.

The Terms ends in a cliffhanger. It contains explicit language and graphic sex, including aspects of BDSM. The second novel in the duet, The Terms: Part Two, will release June 30, 2017.












No comments:

Post a Comment