Wednesday 5 July 2017

Review: Absolution by Missy Johnson



****4.5 STARS****



I'm always a sucker for books involving Priests, but was excited that Absolution by Missy Johnson was not your typical story in that sub genre. There was healthy doses of angst here and a great taste of the forbidden, but everything was in moderation and never felt over the top.

Hannah works for child protective services and her most recent case is heartbreaking. Amanda is in an abusive relationship and it turns deadly, leaving her little girl an orphan. When she finds out who has taken custody of the little girl she is shocked and determined to save her.

14 years ago Declan was in a relationship with Hannah's sister and one night changed her and her family's lives forever. She has blamed him ever since for what happened and finds it hard to believe he could change. When she finds out he is now a priest she is shocked. That seems like a drastic way to try and find absolution, but she isn't sure she,s buying into it.

Declan, has been through his own personal hell and has worked hard since to try and find meaning and forgiveness in his life. He takes his role as parish Priest seriously and plans to take his role as guardian just as seriously. Seeing Hannah again throws him and the feelings she brings to the surface are something he is far from prepared for.

I really loved this story. Their is lots of emotional upheaval and the forbidden aspect to the relationship that develops always makes for entertaining reading. Not your run of the mill priest storyline which I was very glad to see.





Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 



Declan James was the perfect guy. 
He was sweet. Charming. Caring. Until he wasn’t. 

Fourteen years ago, his actions tore apart my family. He ruined my sister’s life and nothing was ever the same again. But now, a decade later, he’s back.

When he walks into my office, asking for my help, I’m shocked, but nothing prepares me for what I’m about to learn. I see how far he’s gone to redeem himself and I know that he’s changed. I also know that, as a priest, he’s more off limits than ever.

If I help him, my family will never forgive me.
If I fall in love with him, I will never forgive myself.











No comments:

Post a Comment