Tuesday 25 July 2017

Eye Candy (Real Love #1) by Jessica Lemmon


****3.5 STARS****



Jaqueline has been best friends with Vince since she helped him go through his divorce, a divorcee herself she knew exactly how that felt. They also both share a shared VP position at the firm they work for so are with each other almost daily. 

When Jackie is caught ogling the guy who runs by her window at work each day it brings out feelings in Vince who decides what better way to win her over than to be her dating coach. A strange way to go about things but none the less he goes for it but it makes his feelings even stronger and the green eyed monster starts to raise it's ugly head. 

Jackie starts to realise she may like Vince more than just a best friend status but maybe it's not wise to go in that direction as the last thing she wants is to lose her best friend. Can these two get it together enough to get by the friend zone without wrecking their already close knit relationship?

I struggled a little with this one. It wasn't terrible or anything it was just okay but I just found it lost it's way in the middle somewhere because not a lot was happening and it seemed to go backwards and forwards for a bit. Vince I struggled to connect with, he struggled with showing his feelings and walked away at the first hurdle which I found quite weak, however he got it together and was really sweet in the end. I found Jackie quite whiny and needy at times although she was strong in a lot of areas too which made up for the little blips. I did love the premise of the story which was quite amusing at times and it made me chuckle which is always a bonus. Overall though it's a really sweet best friends to lovers story with a tiny little bit of angst thrown in that I am sure a lot will love. I wish the author the best of luck. 



Reviewed by Claire Lamb 




Jacqueline: As an adult woman--and the vice president of a marketing firm--I shouldn't be waiting by my office window to ogle the mystery man who jogs by every morning at 11:45. Sure, he's a gorgeous, perfect specimen of the human race, but I can't bring myself to hit on a total stranger. However, my best friend-slash-colleague Vince Carson thinks I should do more than talk to the guy. In fact, he's borderline obsessive about "getting me laid." (His words.) But the more time we spend together, the more it's clear: The one I'm falling for is Vince.

Vince: Jackie Butler's got it bad for some pompous, over-pumped A-hole who struts his stuff past her window. That doesn't bother me. I know she deserves nice things. What does bother me is that she friend-zoned me big-time last year, so I can't ask her out myself. But what if I set her up with Mr. Steroids? Then, when he breaks her heart, I can swoop in and save her like the nice guy I am. Everything's going according to plan . . . until we share a ridiculously epic kiss. And suddenly anything is possible.











No comments:

Post a Comment