Wednesday 26 July 2017

Review: Devil by Ker Dukey



*****5 STARS*****



Wow this book was a trip and a half down deep dark lane! It has to be one of my favourite Ker Dukey books yet. I'm not going to rehash the story on this one. All you need to know is that it's extremely dark, disturbing in some places and extremely psychological. If you're not careful you will get lost so pay attention and concentrate when reading because the story goes back and forth in Evi's mind from past to present. There are quite a few twists to the story that you won't see coming and they will definitely leave you asking what just happened.

Evi is like a rubix cube that's being twisted one way then the other, you can't help but feel sorry for her and want to wrap her in cotton wool! Max is extremely lovable, he is kind and compassionate and he definitely proves the love he has always had for Evi and that he would do anything for her.

I loved this book! It's been a while since I have ventured into something really dark that has a mind boggling, screwed up psychological twist to it and boy have I missed it. I need more more more, I just couldn't get enough and I inhaled it all in one go. If you love a no holding back dark read with huge psychological twists then grab this as I promise you won't be disappointed.




Reviewed by Claire Lamb 



Evi Devil. 
Yes, that’s really my name.
The irony is not lost on me.
I was created from two evil souls and have the name to prove it. 
Devil worshipers, perverts, murderer. Is all terms used to describe the parents I refuse to remember. My mind won’t allow me to. 
And why would I want to? 
One born of dirty blood running through her veins can never truly be clean from its murky hue. 
No matter what they try to tell me happened in my past, my mind denies me access, therefore how can I know it’s true? 
How can I believe that’s what I’m born from?
Glimpses of my past haunt me, the screams of terror echo in the silent darkness of my memories, trying to remind me that my Mother went from room to room butchering our family. 
I’ve learned from scars that I suffered abuse and that my Father and siblings weren’t my Mother’s only victims. 
Hearing what they tell me.
Reading the words printed in the papers. None of it can prepare me for what’s to come. 
My biggest lesson is learning that some memories we suppress for a reason.












1 comment: