Wednesday 5 July 2017

Review: Dare by James Crow



*****5 STARS*****



You know those types of books you read where you finish and you find yourself blinking perplexed and wondering exactly what you just read, but you loved every minute of it? Dare is one of those books. James Crow's first two books were hot, mildly uncomfortable (in the best way possible) and left me with characters I found hard to forget. Dani, the main character in Dare is more than unforgettable. I'm not sure if I should be in awe of the lengths she is willing to go or desperately want her to be committed for her own well being.

If you previously read Six and Six Toy and are expecting something similar here, note it is not! Yes there are still all kinds of hot scenes, but Dare takes us to much darker and much more uncomfortable places. Readers of darker erotica will be intrigued with this story. It's rather unique and Janes Crow has a way of making you care about characters, even if you're not sure you really love them. I was firmly invested in Dani's crazy and rather disturbing life as she tried to find a man willing to push her beyond what anyone would consider sane limits. The ending will most likely leave you speechless. I admit to needing to just sit still and stare at my kindle for awhile after it. I highly recommend Dare if you like dark and twisted and want something different. 





Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 




I just wanted to be told what to do. 
That had always been me. There’s nothing wrong with being yourself, is there?
But it wasn’t easy, finding a real man. A bad man.
One who didn’t care about right or wrong.
One who would tell me what to do.
Until Drew.
He told me what to do.
He dared me.
He dared me all the way.











No comments:

Post a Comment