Sunday 23 July 2017

Review: The Gift (The Butterfly Effect #1) by Margaret McHeyzer



*****5 STARS*****



When I read the blurb for The Gift by Margaret McHeyzer, my paranormal loving heart started beating faster. I haven't read much paranormal lately, but this one sounded right up my alley. I'm going to be purposely vague about plot details because this is the kind of book you should go into not knowing much about to fully appreciate the story.

This is a YA suspense with paranormal elements (namely the 'Gift'). Lexi is a normal sixteen year old girl who one day wakes up in the hospital and realizes something has changed. She is different n a way she tries to keep secret. This was smart of her because this new gift she possesses is something people will do almost anything to control. Enter Jude. Jude wants what Lexi possesses and will do whatever it takes to get her abs her gift. Jude is a bit of an asshole and you're not quite sure if you should grudgingly like him or hate him (Lexi faces a similar problem). 

This book kept my attention from page one. It's a fast paces read and I'm anxious for the second book to see what becomes of Lexi and how things play out with Jude. 




Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 




The Gift

I have something people want. I have something they cannot take or steal. I have something they'd kill for.
The something I have, isn't a possession, it's more.
Much, much more.
It's a gift.
It's part of me.











No comments:

Post a Comment