Thursday 13 July 2017

Review: The Darkest Sunrise (#1) by Aly Martinez



*****5 STARS*****




When Aly Martinez gets it right, boy does she get it right. This book had me hooked from very beginnings very beginning.

Whilst I cannot even begin to understand on any level what Charlotte's character went through, I had the deepest sympathy for her and have to say that what happened to her is beyond my worst nightmare, but from the Prologue I was so drawn to her.

Now where Charlotte was all darkness, Porter was most definitely the light. God did I love his personality. I loved his wit, I loved the way he absolutely got Charlotte in a way nobody else ever could.

This, for me, was probably my favourite Aly Martinez book. It was just one huge, emotional roller coaster from start to finish. The story, despite it having some harrowing scenes, was so beautifully written and yes I did guess some things would happen but that did not dilute the effect in any way.

Quite frankly I don't have many words to say about this book other than I am desperate for the final part, the conclusion to Charlotte and Porters story. So if you love an emotional read then this book comes highly recommended.




Reviewed by Louise Dale 




Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Whoever coined that phrase is a bald-faced liar. Words are often the sharpest weapon of all, triggering some of the most powerful emotions a human can experience.
“You’re pregnant.”
“It’s a boy.” 
“Your son needs a heart transplant.”
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Lies.
Syllables and letters may not be tangible, but they can still destroy your entire life faster than a bullet from a gun.
Two words—that was all it took to extinguish the sun from my sky.
“He’s gone.” 
For ten years, the darkness consumed me.
In the end, it was four deep, gravelly words that gave me hope of another sunrise. 
“Hi. I’m Porter Reese.”











No comments:

Post a Comment