Tuesday 25 July 2017

Review: Taken (Voyeur #1) by N. Isabelle Blanco & Elena M Reyes



****4 STARS****




Every fan of dark erotic/dark romance reads has read a story where the main character(s) is kidnapped. In Taken, that storyline is given a new and disturbing twist. Noah and Ivy are best friends who get drugged and kidnapped. They wake up to find themselves in a lush room filled with speakers. From the speakers they hear a distorted female voice that tells them they need to have sex with each other. Thus begins a twisted and dark game as Noah and Ivy are forced to entertain their captors.

Taken gets pretty dark and twisted and is definitely not for the faint of heart or anyone with a screamish stomach. This gets very gory and at times I wasn't sure if some scenes were just for shock value or helped the plot along. Regardless, this was an interesting and disturbing read and you're left anxious for book two.




Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 




I was drugged. 
Now, I’ve woken up in a dark, luscious room. 
A deviant playground. 
I’m not alone. 
The person that was drugged and taken with me is here, too. 
My confident. 
Someone that I had come to see as a brother. 
My best friend. 
Suddenly, there’s a voice coming through the speakers, telling us we’ve both been chosen to die. 
The only way out? Do everything we’re told to do. 
This person wants to watch us. They want to be entertained. As she says, “I want to see you come.” 
It’s simple: either we sleep together, or die.








N. Isabelle Blanco 




Elena M Reyes 




No comments:

Post a Comment