Saturday 18 June 2016

Review: Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys #1) by Marie Harte

****4 Stars****


I've got to admit that it took me a little while to get into this book. It's slow to start and didn't really pick up, for me, until about 20%. There are so many characters at the beginning that I found it hard to get to know them in the first few chapters and therefore I didn't really feel a connection.
However, don't let that deter you. By the time I hit the halfway mark, I'd gotten to know Johnny. He has a bit of a "player" reputation but he's not an arse. As the story moves along you soon realise there's much more to him than meets the eye.
Lara's a great female character - which is a rare compliment from me. She's tough, self sufficient and she's got her priorities in order. She works hard to get where she wants to be.
This is not a deep soulful story but it's well written, light, humorous and a good book for reading by the pool. The sub-characters, who overwhelmed me at the start are all intriguing and although Foley's story appears to be next, I'm dying to know Sam's story!!!
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this story and look forward to more.

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


GET TO KNOW THE BODY SHOP BAD BOYS
Johnny, Foley, Sam, and Lou are the rough and tumble mechanics of Webster's Garage. These reformed bad boys are used to living fast, but it's the women in their lives who take them from zero to sixty in a heartbeat.

JOHNNY
Johnny Devlin's a charmer with a checkered past. He has had his eye on scorching-hot bartender Lara Valley for ages, but she's rejected him more than once. That doesn't mean he won't come to her aid when some dirtbag mauls her. When she asks him on a date as a no-strings-attached thank you, he can't say no. And then he's saying nothing but hell, yes.




No comments:

Post a Comment