Monday 27 June 2016

Review: Dark Mafia Prince (Dark Mafia Prince #1) by Annika Martin

*****4.5 Stars*****


I love a good gangster/Mafia story and this one was no different. I absolutely devoured this book in one sitting. From start to finish, this book had me hooked.
This is the first book in a series, which i believe is made up of three books, each focusing on one of three mafia guys and their love interests.
It is in the this book where Aleksio is back to reclaim his rightful place as leader of the Albanian American Mafia, together with his brother Viktor after they and their other brother, Kiro were separated, following the death of their parents. Everyone thought the brothers died too. That is until now.
Here's where it took me some time to get my head around things, as the only mafia I was familiar with was the Italian variety and to a degree the russian mafia. However I quickly got to grips with what was going on and who was who and once that happened, boy was this an exciting read.
Aleksio was, on the surface, a hard as nails, do anything to get the job done kind of guy who happened to rock an Armani suit. That is until he is reunited with Mira, the daughter of one of his biggest rivals.
I absolutely loved Mira's positive attitude and with a little bit of that fieriness, it made it hard for Aleksio to resist her. She was his light when all he saw was dark.
For me their was just the right amount of grit, sex and violence, especially as I don't think I was in the right frame of mind to read anything more graphic at this moment in time. But that's not to say that this was a light fluffy read in any way, shape or form. Although I have to say I have read books of a similar type which were far more liberal with the brutality, but this book definitely had a good balance, making it an easy read for me and together with brilliant characters and an amazing storyline I have to say I am really looking forward to finding out where this series leads.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


THE DARK MAFIA PRINCE IS BACK TO RECLAIM ALL THAT HER FAMILY STOLE.

Aleksio

Don’t look at me like that. So trusting.

Like you think I’m not a monster.

Like I won’t wrap your hair in my fist and bend you to my will.

Like I won’t sacrifice you, piece by piece, to save my brother.
I’m the most dangerous enemy you’ll ever have because every time you look at me, you see somebody good. That friend who died.
And when you look at me like that, I die again.

Mira
I spent years making myself invisible.
A good girl, apart from the noise.
Then you came back, beautiful and deadly in your Armani suit.

Don’t look at me like you still know me, you say.

But I remember your smile and those sunny days.
Before they lowered your small casket into the ground.

Before they told us the prince was dead.





No comments:

Post a Comment