Wednesday 8 June 2016

Review: Missed Connections (Summer Love #1) by Tamara Mataya

***3 Stars***


I feel like in some instances this book focuses on the wrong things, I know it has to set the scene and be descriptive but it felt like I was reading her diary or an itinerary with added dialogue in some places. There was too much focus on what the characters were doing on a day to day basis and not on what they were feeling. ...
The budding relationship between Sarah and Jack of course has its ups and downs. Her internal dialogue makes it sound like although she lusts after him she doesn't have much respect for him and wishes he was something else. It sucks really because deep down he's something very different to what he shows the world and all he wants to do is show Sarah that he's worth her time.
The supporting characters all had their own little quirks. Pete is someone I love to pieces, his mannerisms and total extrovert personality makes him the awesome gay best friend that every girl wishes for (well I do anyway). The people Sarah works for a just plain weird, I got bad vibes from them pretty much from the get go and they turned out not to be too wrong.
For me the title says it all ... "Missed Connections" is exactly what it felt like, I couldn't connect with this book like I would have liked to. When I read the blurb I had high hopes and jumped at the chance to review it but sadly I've been left wanting. The book wasn't bad by any means but it didn't blow me away.

Reviewed by Paige Rymer


Sarah spends her nights cruising Craigslist personal ads, dreaming of finding a romantic entry all about her. She knows who she wants, but best friend and regular hookup Jack is not the serious commitment type. Sarah's stung feelings are soothed when she begins an online-only relationship, but there's only so much of Sarah to go around. Torn between the bad boy she can't keep and the sensitive stranger who bares his soul online, her heart and body are in two very different relationships… or are they?




No comments:

Post a Comment