Friday 17 June 2016

Review: Last Kiss (First and Last #2) by Laurelin Paige

****4 Stars****

DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK ONE.
I was so excited to read this book, one which I assume is the end of a two part series, especially with the way the first one ended.
What was clear was how frustrating the characters were. Not one of them was able to give another a straight answer. Practically everyone spoke in riddles, which meant it was a very intense read.
I never really understood Reeves relationship with Amber and if I'm honest, I still don't.
Emily for much of this book was very weak-willed and I just wanted to shake some sense into her and demand she learn to stand up to people, especially Amber, whom I never felt drawn too. Emily and Amber's relationship was always an unhealthy one and because Emily is the main female in this story, it was Amber who bore the brunt of my anger.
I loved the fact that we got to know so much more about Reeve though and even though he has his flaws, it was him that once again made this book for me.
I can't say I found the sex scenes a turn on. For me they were just a little too intense. Asphyxiation is definitely not my cup of tea. But it worked for Emily and Reese.
Now despite this story being a case of two steps forward and three steps back, it was incredibly addictive and the need to see it through to the end and discover answers to many questions, despite my frustrations and strong feelings towards the characters, was what made me really enjoy it.
I'm actually not sure if this is the last book in the series, but I did feel the ending was a little rushed and there I still have some unanswered questions, but if you like your books filled with angst and mystery and the relationships to be not of the vanilla variety, then this will likely be your kind of book.
Reviewed by Louise Dale 

A GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE FILLED WITH DARK DESIRES AND DANGEROUS SECRETS…Emily Wayborn has made a decision.

She might not fully trust handsome and deadly Reeve Sallis, but he is the one person that gives her what she needs. With Reeve she can finally be herself. Submitting to him is the only thing keeping her grounded as the rest of her life falls apart. But the hotelier is a master at keeping secrets and as she continues her quest for answers someone is making sure she doesn’t find them.

Time is running out and she is questioning everything she thought she knew about friendship and love. She must now make an impossible choice that will determine if she will survive with her heart…or at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment