Monday 6 June 2016

Review: Idol (VIP #1) by Kristen Callihan

*****5 Stars*****


If your a fan of rock band books then this is definitely a story for you. Killian James is guitarist and lead singer for Kill John one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Whilst taking a break in a far off little town in the middle of nowhere Killian ends up drunk and crashes his bike in to Liberty Bells front yard. Vomiting and comatose, Liberty takes matters into her own hands and decides to hose the culprit down like literally. Killian is quite surprised that she doesn't recognise who he is until he finally has to tell her under pressure when he is recognised whilst on a visit into town a few days later. Killian ends up acquainting himself with Liberty as friends initially since they are neighbours but when he hears her sing it changes everything. Liberty is quite shy and reserved and believed her parents when they said music is a hard act to follow and that she shouldn't go there. So when Liberty is persuaded to sing with Kill John can the limelight be to much and can a relationship with Killian persuade the fans that he isn't theirs to keep?
This is my first book by this author and it certainly didn't disappoint. It's fast paced with enough angst in all the right places. I'm generally not a huge fan of rock star romance but this is so well written it had me drawn in hook, line and sinker. The side characters from the rest of the band to their manager and publicist played a good enough part to get to know them and to where they fit in the story. I can't wait to read Scottie the band managers story as for me he was a character who was a bit closed off and it got me intrigued as to what his back story was to make him into the man he seems to think he needs to be.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


Libby

I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won’t leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he’s slowly wearing me down, making me crave more.

He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is intent on taking him away?
Killian

As lead singer for the biggest rock band in the world, I lived a life of dreams. It all fell apart with one fateful decision. Now everything is in shambles.

Until Liberty. She’s grouchy, a recluse—and kind of cute. Scratch that. When I get my hands on her, she is scorching hot and more addictive than all the fans who’ve screamed my name.

The world is clamoring for me to get back on stage, but I’m not willing to leave her. I’ve got to find away to coax the hermit from her shell and keep her with me. Because, with Libby, everything has changed.
Everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment