Monday 14 November 2016

Review: Sweet Cheeks by K. Bromberg

*****5 Stars*****


I have to say this book exceeded my expectations for many reasons, however the two that stand out the most for me are the fact that I did initially worry this book would be a little cheesy and I say that purely because of the title and my assumptions prior to reading a single word. My expectation was that somewhere down the line, the hero was going to refer to the heroine as Sweet Cheeks or for the phrase to be constantly mentioned throughout and to me that just seems too much and too cheesy for my taste, but let me tell you that that wasn't the case whatsoever. From the moment I began to read this book it was clear there was not going to be any naming of anyone, Sweet Cheeks and it was definitely not cheesy in any way, shape, or form.
Secondly, I wasn't sure that K Bromberg could firstly match the success of the first 3 books in the Driven series and also that I was forever going to compare every future book she writes and every character to Colton and Rylee (I was starting to bore myself with the comparisons), however I can say with my hand on heart that this book, by being a stand alone, was so refreshing that it didn't even enter my head to compare it to anything. So much so I'm not even going to mention that other series or characters again for the rest of my review.
I loved that this book was a second chance love story. The chemistry between the couple was instantaneous, as the history was already there. It was just simply a really good story with great characters, one being Super Sexy Movie Star, Hayes Whitley. Throw in a couple of hot sex scenes, a barrage of chemistry and a dash of angst and voilà, a fantastic book in my eyes.
I am glad Kristy has decided to branch out from that other series (winks), because what she has proven to me with this book, is that she is most definitely NOT a one trick pony, but instead a talented romance author with a mind for a great love story.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


An all new second chance love story by the New York Times Bestselling author of the Driven series.


It all started with the invitation. To my ex-fiance’s newwedding. 

I should have ignored it.Thrown it away. Set it afire. But I didn’t.I replied. 

With a plus one. 

And then my assistant accidentally mailed it.

Enter Hayes Whitley. Mega-movie star. The man who has captured the hearts of millions. But I gave him mine years ago. He was my first love. He was my everything. Right until he up and left to chase his dreams without so much as a simple goodbye.

When he showed up out of the blue ten years later, I should have known to steer clear. I should have rejected his offer to take me to my ex’s wedding. I should have never let him kiss me.

But I didn’t. 

And now we’re left wondering if the pieces of the life we once shared still fit together somehow. First loves are hard to forget. The question is, do we want to forget? Or do we risk the chance and see what happens next?





No comments:

Post a Comment