Monday 21 November 2016

Review: Dollars (Dollar #2) by Pepper Winters

*****5 Stars*****


Pepper Winters' evocative and expressive writing style has yet again trapped me in the web she's woven. 
As if I didn't already love Pennies, book #1, Dollars has just decimated me.

If you haven't read Pennies yet, do so! It's a tragically dark tale of loss and sacrifice but don't count on redemption, it's not to be found.
Dollars picks up where we were left, in a puddle on the floor, begging for more....and boy does it deliver! 
There is so much to be gained from the complex relationships in this book. The tug and pull. The battle lines and threats. But deep down the tide is turning.

Elder is one of the most intricately tortured characters I've encountered and his labyrinthine personality in compounded by the secrets he holds so close to his chest. 
Pepper Winters is a master at creating a character which you loath to love but inextricably cannot help being drawn to. His strength and power are all encompassing and his brutality endearing.

I won't say much more for fear of giving anything away. This book needs to be read with no preconceived ideas. Throw yourself at the mercy of these characters and I promise you won't regret it.
If I could award more than 5 stars, I'd do so in a heartbeat. A phenomenal read that's left me speechless and hankering for Hundreds, book #3. It's like an addiction, I need to know what happens next!

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


“I should never have asked for a night with you. This would never have happened if I’d had more willpower.” 

A thief met a possession and did what he did best.
Now, he has to live with the consequences. 
Including the girl he claimed. 

Pimlico was stolen and sold all before her twenty-first birthday. 
Two years with a master who almost killed her is over. 
She has a new master now. 
A master who demands everything, expects everything, and requires ultimate access to her mind. 

Elder broke countless rules when he took the girl who wasn’t his. 
She confuses and bewitches him, but his fascination won’t save her from his desires. 

He wants to know her.
She wants to forget. 
Together…they’re doomed.



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2f8pEy8 


No comments:

Post a Comment