Tuesday 22 November 2016

Review: Words I Couldn't Say (Promise in Prose #1) by Tessa Teevan

****4 Stars****


This is a new to me author and while this is a spin-off of the author's Explosive series, it can be read as a standalone. This was a good slow burn second chance romance that will have you glued to the pages as soon as you open it.
Ava Banks and Tucker Manning have known each other their whole lives and have been inseparable and the best of friends all through their childhood and into their teens. When their friendship finally blossoms into something more, tragedy strikes and changes everything. She left him behind to pursue her dreams while he stayed behind to do what was right. Five years pass without not a word between them, both of them living them dream but lonely and miserable without the other. Tucker has put all of his pain and misery into writing her a love story in hopes that she will read it someday and hear the words he couldn't say all those years ago. When Hollywood comes calling, he makes sure she gets the role as leading lady. No better woman for the role than the inspiration behind the whole thing. Now he finally has a second chance to make everything right, show her what's always been in his heart, and hopefully finally get the girl of his dreams after all these years.
Ava and Tucker have insane chemistry between them and I really felt for them with what all they went through. I loved the flashbacks every once in awhile to their past to let us better understand what happened. I loved how they were both so sweet with one another. All the secondary characters were an amazing addition and I know most of them have their own books so I'm going to have to go back and read them all now! Especially Jeremy and Sierra, Ava's parents. I can't wait to see what else the author has for us next.

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


You know the old adage “if you love something, set it free?" 
It's the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. 
The dumbest thing I've ever done. 
I loved her. I lost her. Hell, I let her go. And then spent five miserable years without her. 

To cope with the loss, I put pen to paper and wrote her a love story, knowing when she was ready she’d hear the words I couldn’t say all those years ago. 

Turned out, not only would she hear them, but when Hollywood came calling, I made sure she got the lead role. After all, no one else could portray the character whom she’d inspired. 
Now she's within arms' reach and finally, she'll know the truth in my heart. 

Because that other cliché, “Actions speak louder than words?” 
I’m going to prove it. 
My words may have brought Ava Banks back into my life; I have to be enough to make her stay. 





No comments:

Post a Comment