Wednesday 16 November 2016

Review: Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty #1) by Raine Miller

***3 Stars***


 I expected wonderful things from this book and for me it just didn't deliver. I love Raine Miller and her Blackstone Affair series was awesome so I was really excited when I saw the cover and blurb for this but after reading it I was really disappointed. I'm not going to rehash the story and just get down to my thoughts. Please remember this is my personal thoughts and doesn't mean others won't like it.
I think I expected a cocky, more alpha attitude hero in Caleb judging by the cover but he was gentle and a bit to insta lovesick for my liking, but then I still wouldn't say no to someone like him lol. Brooke kind of got on my nerves with her constant whimpering in the beginning, I know she had good reason but I just couldn't connect with her, she grew more of a backbone towards the middle/end and became tolerant. The story itself was well written but it was lacking something in the plot and the angst wasn't really there until 82% of the way through the book, even then I think it was just to predictable for me the ending felt slightly rushed and I didn't find anything surprising in the way things turned out. So if you like a really sweet love story with a little sadness thrown in along with a dose of insta love then this is the one for you.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


Billionaire Caleb Blackstone lives in the glamorous world of wealth and success, with every material luxury. But the moment he sees Brooke Casterley, none of that matters. Caleb is filled with a raw, undeniable need that he can’t ignore…for a girl who is so completely different from everything and everyone he’s ever known.


Only Brooke isn’t looking for love. She knows all too well just how much damage the wrong guy can do. Still, what sane, broke British girl can resist the charms of an incredibly sexy, chivalrous billionaire? What starts as flirtation quickly turns into all-consuming passion. Nothing could have prepared her for the searing heat of Caleb’s touch—or just how much she craves him.

Their whirlwind romance is the stuff of high-society fantasy—but for every moment of pleasure, there is a cost. Past mistakes and tragedy shadow them both…and falling for him might be the kind of trouble she can’t afford.






No comments:

Post a Comment