Sunday 27 November 2016

Review: What If It's Right? by J.B. Heller

****4 Stars****


It’s been a while since I’ve read a book in one sitting so I was pleased that this one pulled me in and kept me there right through to the end. I really enjoyed everything about this book which some may consider a taboo read but I think it was tastefully done and as such I don’t. I found this to be a quick read and I can’t decide if that was just because I was so sucked into the story as I read it in a couple of hours. 
We meet Victoria at just eighteen having fun with her nephew, Finn, at the fair being the fun auntie before their lives and the dynamics of their relationship are tragically changed forever. This book was as much about the relationship between Tory and Finn and as such we follow their journey through the years as Finn grows up with Tory as his guardian putting her life on hold to do her best for him. I like the way the author paced the story that felt like a slow build initially but it soon picked up speed.
Weston is quite a character and at times I didn’t know whether to laugh or cringe at his teenage cockiness and comments. I think the author did a fantastic job in moving Weston on from the kid next door to a mature adult that you feel for in his feelings for Tory. I was so desperate for her to throw caution to the wind but the slow burn of this book is what kept me turning the pages. I loved the way all the characters evolved, the banter between them and the shift in their relationships too. 
This is my first book by this author but I am already looking at her back-list as it seems I have some catching up to do. 


Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


WESTON
I have a problem.
A big freaking problem.
Her name is Tory Dixon.
I’ve been in love with her since I was seventeen.
The problem, you ask? She’s kinda my best friend’s mum.

VICTORIA

I have a six foot, three inches tall, twenty-two-year-old problem.
His name is Weston Banks.
I’ve been pretending he doesn’t have feelings for me for the last six years.
You see, fourteen years ago, I became my nephew’s guardian.
And Weston, well, he’s my nephew’s best friend.
Which makes him ten years my junior and oh so deliciously complicated.



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2fC9ssj 
Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2gsbMUb



No comments:

Post a Comment