Monday 14 November 2016

Review: Managed (VIP #2) by Kristen Callihan

*****5 Stars*****


If you haven't read Idol book 1 then please don't read this review or any other for Managed!
Gabriel Scott - AKA Scottie seems to be quite the little hottie <<< pun poem intended! I just couldn't get enough of this book. When Gabriel Scott discovers he has a 1st class flight partner on his way to London for a European tour with Kill John so he is angry and isn't afraid to voice it. He hates flying with a vengeance and so always books 2 seats together in 1st class so there is no witness to his weakness. However Sophie Darling is a character and a half, she is witty, chatty and could calm an angry bull just with her words and calm him she does, leaving Gabriel mesmerised by this woman and wondering who she is. It isn't to long though as he finds out she is on her way to an interview with Brian which is actually an alias name for his partner in business Brenna. Sophie has no idea though who she is going to actually be working with so it's a surprise when she walks into the room in her hotel next day to come face to face with Kill John, the worlds biggest rockband! Gabriel and Sophie have a mutual attraction to each other and she is the only one he will let call him Gabriel rather than Scottie, however he has walls around him and won't give in to the attraction but can she break those walls down bit by bit?
As we all know from book 1, Gabriel (I will call him that instead of his nickname Scottie as it's what Sophie calls him) is a closed of person who likes to be all business and sophisticated at all times, leaving people thinking he is just dour faced and broody. Letting people in is not what he does for reasons that will be revealed during the course of the book. Sophie is a delightful dream and is a person I would love to be in real life, she is witty, charming and kept the whole book on it's toes with her way with words and it doesn't fly under the radar with the other characters either. This book was a total hit for me, it's slow building for the first 50% of the book but the wittiness keeps you from complaining and just when I thought it couldn't get any better after Idol it proved me wrong and left me with a satisfied smile on my face. Kristen Callihan can write and let me tell you she does it extremely well. I can't wait to see whats next in this series but I am secretly hoping for Jax's story.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


It started off as a battle of wits. Me: the ordinary girl with a big mouth against Him: the sexy bastard with a big...ego.


I thought I’d hit the jackpot when I was upgraded to first class on my flight to London.

That is until HE sat next to me. Gabriel Scott: handsome as sin, cold as ice. Nothing and no one gets to him. Ever. He’s a legend in his own right, the manager of the biggest rock band in the world, and an arrogant ass who looks down his nose at me.

I thought I’d give him hell for one, long flight. I didn’t expect to like him. I didn’t expect to want him. But the biggest surprise? He wants me too. Only in a way I didn’t see coming.

If I accept his proposal, I leave myself open to falling for the one man I can’t manage. But I’m tempted to say yes. Because the real man beneath those perfect suits and that cool façade just might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. And I just might be the only one who can melt the ice around his heart.

Let the battle begin…



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2fcCjnB 



No comments:

Post a Comment