Wednesday 16 November 2016

Review: Resuscitate Me by Leddy Harper

*****5 Stars*****


I have enjoyed this authors work from her first book and this one is no exception and may be my new favourite. Resuscitate Me is a rollercoaster ride as the characters push and pull with each other, while you want bang their heads together whilst shouting for them to sort it out already. 
I wasn’t sure on Kara at first with her fumbling and mumbling and shoulder shrugs but she soon grew on me once we got past that. Kara is a teacher staying with her sister in law for the summer whilst her brother is deployed overseas so the last thing she is looking for is a relationship until she lays eyes on Carter. 
Carter is a deep, at times frustrating, character who I wanted to know more from, my only wish for this book was that it had been dual POV cos I really wanted to know what was going on in his head at times. A gym owner and part time model who doesn’t do relationships and is a little Jekyll and Hyde with his responses from the offset but I loved Carter, he was a jerk at times but I love that he was. He was honest from the offset about what he wanted and was all kinds of hot with his dirty mouth. 
After agreeing that a summer fling would suit them both, it isn’t long before emotions get in the way and communication is not a strong point for these two so things quickly go wrong. However, this story took an unexpected twist and I think I got to understand Carter a bit better as a result. I loved where the author took this story and the outcome was perfect.


Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


Carter Hastings was only supposed to be a fling,
A summer of fun, excitement, pleasure
And, it was…
Everything.

It’s hard to walk away, 
To leave the one man,
Who resuscitates me.

But I did.
He didn’t reciprocate my feelings.
He didn’t love me.
Not now. 
Not ever.



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2fwpKDI 
Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2fY2nl6



No comments:

Post a Comment