Wednesday 16 November 2016

Review: She Runs Away (Sheridan Hall #2) by Jessica Calla

****3.5 Stars****


This must be one of the most challenging reviews I have had to write this year. On one hand I loved the story and on the other hand not so much so I had to go somewhere in the middle with my review.
You have to read book one in the series to understand who everyone is and to follow the story in book 2. I found the story a bit lacking and I think I expected a lot more from it. Don't get me wrong it's such a sweet story but the immaturity kind of shone through for me. Now I know they are all in their late teens but for example Megan for me was really repetitive and whiny at times leaving me rolling my eyes time and time again. Ben was a sweet heart and had the patience of a saint at times. I just think the story would have rolled better had they been presented more mature. I think a lot more could have been done with the plot line with Megan's Mum and Dad, in my opinion it didn't have much of that wow shock factor.
Now the positives. The writing as usual with Jessica was good and the story did deliver by the end. Again as I was with book one I was more championing on what was going on with a couple of the side characters and so would like to see more from Pooja or Maggie. I did prefer book one to book 2 but all in all this is series is really worth a read.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


After tragedy strikes New Jersey University's Sheridan Hall, freshman quarterback Ben Riley’s stable, normal life is turned upside down. Sidelined from playing the game he loves and on the verge of losing his scholarship, Ben wants nothing more than to escape the chaos of college and return home to rural Pennsylvania and his family. 


Yet, there is something that keeps him from running. Or someone. A cute blonde he had a chance with but blew off for all the wrong reasons. 

Megan Smith has secrets. Secrets that have burned her in the past. Secrets she’s unwilling to share with anyone at Sheridan Hall—especially Ben, her sexy, rough around the edges floormate who broke her heart in a matter of days after moving into Sheridan. Meg decided early on that it’s easier to live life on her own than to share her secrets and let people in. 

Meg runs and Ben follows, but sooner or later the clock on their chance at love will expire. With inner demons dragging them both down, they must find a way to stop running and trust one another, or risk losing their perfectly-matched love forever.



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2fJNIcx 

Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2f5NWcQ




No comments:

Post a Comment