Monday 21 November 2016

Review: Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely

****3.5 Stars****


Now I love Lauren Blakely's books, but me being British, I'm not a huge fan of American Football themed books. I accept that is down to my own lack of knowledge, however there was far more focus on the football aspect than I would have liked, which did sadly prevent me from being totally immersed into this short book/novella.
I loved how the book started and the whole surfer thing Drew had going on was a great opener.
The characters themselves were your pretty typical hero and heroine. None of which had any particular baggage or drama that made this story stand out from lots of others. But they were likeable and both had an instant attraction to the other which made things pretty sexy.
The book overall was enjoyable and not a bad read, but I do think it's more suited to someone who has a greater understanding of the American Football world or someone that just wants a quick, hot, little read.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


The first rule of football--don't screw with a streak.


My career is finally looking up, and I'm leading a new pro team down the field every Sunday. No way will I mess with that. But when I meet the most stunning and captivating woman I've ever seen, I tell myself one night will have to be enough. 

But it's not. And now I can't get her out of my mind. Even when I'm playing. Even when I need to focus. Even when I’m on the hottest streak of my life. 

And it turns out, she's not just some random woman I met. She works for the team. My team.

***

I only have one goal this season--do my part as the team's lawyer to keep them out of trouble. Help rebuild their reputation on and off the field. There's no room for error and certainly no room for a secret tryst with a player . . . even if he's the quarterback.

Right?






No comments:

Post a Comment