Monday 14 November 2016

Review: Make Me (Kiss of Death 0.5) by L.P. Lovell

*****5 Stars*****


It's very hard to write this review without giving anything away, so it going to be short and sweet. Although sweet is the last word I'd use to describe this book.
If you're familiar with LP Lovell's work, then no doubt you've read (or at least heard about) book #1, Kill Me, in this new series, Kiss of Death. Its a great read which I thoroughly enjoyed.
This is book #0.5 and as the prequel it answers some of the questions that abound in book #1. Make Me is the story of Una's beginning. The story of just how she came to be the woman she is, the woman we meet in Kill Me.
Although not overly graphic, this book is dark, gritty and beautifully written. For me, it was more of a psychological journey, seeing Una stripped down and rebuilt to suit the needs of others.
Having already read Kill Me first, it all slots into place quite seamlessly. If you haven't read either book, do so, you'll love them. Then you can hanker for book #2, just as I am.

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


0.5 in The Kiss of Death Series. Prequel novella to Kill Me. 


At thirteen years old I was sold, doomed to become a sex slave. 
Nicholai Ivanov, boss of the Russian Bratva, gave me the ultimate gift. He saved me from a fate worse than death. He promised to make me strong, because only the strong survive, and the weak die, forgotten and inconsequential. 

I now live in a world of blood and violence, where humanity itself is a weakness. My life is not a battle of bad and good, but bad and worse. This is kill or be killed, survival of the fittest. 

Make me or break me?






No comments:

Post a Comment