Friday 21 October 2016

Review: Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke

*****5 Stars*****


I loved this book, Adriana is an author I have followed from her first release and I think this is my favourite book to date. It is a flawlessly written beautiful mix of tragedy and raw emotions both heart-breaking and heart-warming. 

What I loved most about this book was the characters were all relatable, regular folk going about their regular lives, that you soon felt a part of this group of friends. As such I felt every emotion that these characters go through and was rooting for all of them to get a happy outcome not just the main H & h as would be expected. 
Elin and Ty were high school sweethearts that due to circumstances beyond their control have lost their way in their marriage. As they both deal with the fight back to each other they each have a number of issues to contend with but the love of their circle of friends help them along the way. I was honestly so emotional reading this book and felt like I was in the moment every step of the way. I loved both Elin and Ty but Ty had me won over from the beginning, his love for Elin was evident in everything he did. 
This book is about more than the love of a marriage though but the love of friends that are willing to make the utmost sacrifice to ensure the happiness of their friends. You will fall in love with all these characters but for me Cord won my heart, all through reading I wanted to beg for his story, for his HEA. Then the curveball came that had me flipping pages faster than I could manage to see where this story went and I have to say my poor heart was left battered and bruised with the emotions and outcome of this story. Even writing this review has had me in tears again.
Bravo Adriana on another excellent, inspiring, perfect story. Definitely one you must read and tissues are essential.


Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


Falling in love is easy.


Falling out of love is the hardest thing in the world.

And Elin and Ty Whitt are terrible at it.

The first time the local basketball star smiled at Elin, she was a goner. It was just so damn easy to fall for the dark-haired hometown hero with his charming smile and strong, athletic build.

Thousands of sleepy smiles, aimless drives down country roads, and squeaks of the backdoor after a swing shift later, reality hits. And it hits hard. Falling in love was definitely the easy part. Watching it break apart was impossible.

Through the tears, the second-guesses, the memories of a life built together, the world keeps spinning. With each turn comes clarity and hope—sometimes in the form of a pair of muddy boots by the back door or from the words of a wise friend.

When Ty shows back up with a new found determination to put his family back together, Elin's torn between the fights of the past and the possibility of a new start. This is the man that holds her heart, the man she loves beyond anything else. But this is also the one person in the world that can cause her the most pain.

Life’s not always easy. Love’s not for the faint of heart. But with life comes lessons and Ty and Elin have the scars to prove it. But it's their love written in those scars that will hold them together … or break them apart.





No comments:

Post a Comment