Tuesday 18 October 2016

Review: Harley & Rose by Carmen Jenner

*****5 Stars*****


This is the second book I have read by Carmen Jenner and it was no less amazing yet different than the first one I had the pleasure of picking up. I am the biggest fan of the friends to lovers genre and I thought I knew where this book was going but nope, the author definitely surprised me with this book. Harley & Rose is filled with angst and passion and sorrow and you just want to wrap these two up in a big hug and make it better for them. I couldn't help but to fall in love with the characters yet at the same want to shake them and put them in a room and yell at them to get their acts together and just be together already! The angst in this book was off the charts and I had to put the book down a time or two because it got to be too much and was stressing me out. I was completely captivated with the storyline, the characters, that gorgeous cover, and this book was definitely one that was hard to put down.
Rose has been in love with Harley and fantasizing about their future wedding ever since she was little girl but fairy tales and romance isn't always easy and perfect. So what if this isn't her actual wedding or her honeymoon to Hawaii, she comes to the rescue and is there for her best friend when he gets left at the altar. She hopes that she can finally get the chance to escape the dreaded friend zone. They had been more than friends at a point in time before life decided to get in the way and tear them apart. She has spent every day since wishing that he would just love her back and be more than just her best friend in life; that he would be her everything, her forever.
I loved both Harley and Rose and I could tell that their was more than friendship between them at some time. I loved their camaraderie and love for one another and they deserved to be happy. I loved how the author went back and forth between the now and their younger years to explain what exactly happened to their relationship; I just their were parts that were in Harley's POV. I think dual POV would have been awesome to get both sides and to see what exactly Harley was thinking and feeling throughout the whole book. I know we get a few glimpses into his mind but it wasn't enough for me!
I loved this book and cannot wait to get the lovely paperback to add to my bookshelf. Harley & Rose was filled with angst, love, sorrow, passion, and so much back and forth between the two friends. I highly recommend one-clicking and I cannot wait to see what else the author has in store for us next!

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


Ever since she was a little girl, thirty-year-old Rose dreamed of the day Harley would carry her across the threshold on their honeymoon. So what if this isn’t her actual wedding day, and that she’s only here because Harley was left at the altar just a few hours earlier?

Trading San Francisco for paradise and swapping her bridesmaid’s bouquet for a Blue Hawaii, Rose hopes she can finally escape the friend zone.

Once upon a time they had been more than friends, but life got in the way. She’s spent every day since wishing Harley would get a clue.

She’s always been his best friend.

He’s always been hers.

She’s in love with him.

He’s … not in love with her.

He’s … marrying someone else.

He’s … hiding something.

He’s … well—it’s complicated.



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2dLpkoZ 


No comments:

Post a Comment