Wednesday 19 October 2016

Review: Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig

*****5 Stars*****


I would give this book a million stars if I could it was that good. This is by far one of the best books I've read this year. It sucks you in before spitting you back out in a shattered and sometimes confused million pieces. People think oh a love triangle I'm not reading that but it's not the kind where affairs happen and people involved don't care, this is about love, compassion and understanding. The female lead is a woman called Maverick who loves 2 men in very different ways but she doesn't even know yet what her heart is telling her. Killian and Kael are brothers and both very much in love with Mav but both break her heart at some point in time so how does one survive that? how does one choose? The story goes far deeper though. It's mesmerising and is in mostly in 2 pov's. It starts off with an event which I won't reveal for fear of spoilers, but you don't know the who, why or what's. The story then flashes back and forward from past to present and keeps twisting and turning until the very end. It keeps you guessing and glued to the pages as the story unravels. The characters are very well established and mature and the love they give has no ends. The writing is very cleverly done and is just sheer brilliance, done in a way that has you hooked until the end on the need to know factor. Sometimes in life we can't help who we fall in love with or how we love them but this story will teach you that what we think we want and what we actually want can be misconceived even by those around us. Some of the story has a little shock factor (partly just because I totally guessed things wrong) and some of it is really sad but I loved it and I think loads of others will too. I'm rushing off to Goodreads now to find more of this authors books to one click. This was my first book by KL Kreig but it will certainly not be my last. PS I would like to see a certain character get a HEA so I'm hoping KL writes a book 2.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


I’ve loved him as long as I can remember. 


The gangly boy with big brown eyes and unruly hair who grew up into an intoxicating man. He wears scruff like he invented it and ambles with a swagger that makes panties drop.

Killian Shepard.

Shep.

We grew up together. We played Ghost in the Graveyard. Had our own rock band. It didn’t matter that he was five years older than me. It didn’t matter that he looked at me as a kid sister even as I grew into a woman. It didn’t even matter when he left me behind to go to college and start his adult life.

He’d be back.

He was always meant to be mine. 

He came back, all right. But instead of smelling of promises, he stunk of betrayal. And he destroyed me—us—the day he married my sister instead of me.

So I did the only thing a girl like me in my position could do. 

I got my revenge. 

I married his brother, Kael. 

Now we’re one big happy fucking family.



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2dW37XI 


No comments:

Post a Comment