Tuesday 25 October 2016

Review: Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King #5) by T.M. Frazier

*****5 Stars*****


Where the heck do I start with this review, I mean come on this is the one book I have been waiting for and I need to keep my language clean or platforms won't publish but let me tell you I think I need to go beat the living daylights out of T.M. Frazier's brain to give me more. This book will test your hard limits in dark subject matter but TM is one of only a select few authors I know who write it in such a clever and brilliant way that it blends and just gels with the story making it fit in perfectly in a less offensive or triggering way. 

I won't rehash any of the plot for fear of spoilers, if you have read the first 4 books especially Soulless then you understand why. If you haven't read the first 4 then I damn you to the dark gates of hell for missing out already. 
Obviously the book is about Preppy and Dre who are a match in the shit*y past department, both equally having nightmare lives past and present. However this was just the beginning and certainly nowhere near the end! In terms of character development well we already know and love Preppy for the sexy, foul mouthed, crazy, Pancake Loving, bow tie and suspender wearing man he is and we wouldn't want him any other way. Dre on the other hand, well she's a junkie to put it bluntly and a lot of other things in the beginning to be honest, but she is lovable and under all that badness is a girl who has so much love and life to give so root for her and give her a chance.
"Bowtie... 'Til I Die, sighhhhhhhh I miss reading him already and it's only been what an hour since I finished. Anyway I am away to wallow in what I know will be the beginning of another funk in the aftermath of yet another epic episode in The King Series. While most are quite happy to wait until all parts of Preppy's story is out before reading, I'm over here like a masochist shouting give me that book nowwwww. Such a glutton for punishment I am. Hint Hint TM get a move on woman!


Reviewed by Claire Lamb


Bowtie...'till I DIE. 


Samuel Clearwater, A.K.A Preppy, likes bowties, pancakes, suspenders, good friends, good times, good drugs, and a good f*ck.

He’s worked his way out from beneath a hellish childhood and is living the life he’s always imagined for himself. When he meets a girl, a junkie on the verge of ending it all, he’s torn between his feelings for her and the crippling fear that she could be the one to end the life he loves.

Andrea ‘Dre’ Capulet is strung out and tired.

Tired of living for her next fix. Tired of doing things that make her stomach turn. Tired of looking in the mirror at the reflection of the person she’s become. Just when she decides to end it all, she meets a man who will change the course of both their lives forever.

And their deaths.

For most people, death is the end of their story.
For Preppy and Dre, it was only the beginning…



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2e5vAdk 

Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2enGQ5b




No comments:

Post a Comment