Tuesday 18 October 2016

Review: Royally Screwed (Royally #1) by Emma Chase

*****5 Stars*****


This was, in every sense of the word, a modern fairytale and I really really love a fairytale.
We all know the story of Cinderella and whilst there was no transforming pumpkin or lost slipper, to me this book had a very Cinderella-esque feel to it.
Here we have the first book in a series which centers around a royal family. The main characters of this book being from two completely different worlds. Olivia, maker of pies in the struggling family business in New York and Nicholas, Playboy Prince and heir to the throne of an entirely believable, but fictional country. It's when Olivia and Nicholas meet that this book just kept getting better and better.
Initially I wasn't a huge fan of Nicholas and felt Olivia, despite not being from a life of privilege, had more class in her little finger than Nicholas had in his entirety. But together these two were so incredibly hot together. The sex scenes were particularly steamy.
I loved the fact that I was hooked in every way with this book, especially when I am easily distracted, but in this case it was the book that distracted me from every other aspect of my life. In other words, I just couldn't put it down.
This was my first book from Emma Chase and I have to say I am incredibly impressed with her talent in telling a story and creating such memorable characters that I am 100% certain it won't be my last.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


Nicholas Arthur Frederick Edward Pembrook, Crowned Prince of Wessco, aka His Royal Hotness, is wickedly charming, devastatingly handsome, and unabashedly arrogant; hard not to be when people are constantly bowing down to you. 

Then, one snowy night in Manhattan, the prince meets a dark haired beauty who doesn't bow down. Instead, she throws a pie in his face.

Nicholas wants to find out if she tastes as good as her pie, and this heir apparent is used to getting what he wants. 

Dating a prince isn't what waitress Olivia Hammond ever imagined it would be.

There's a disapproving queen, a wildly inappropriate spare heir, relentless paparazzi, and brutal public scrutiny. While they've traded in horse drawn carriages for Rolls Royces, and haven't chopped anyone's head off lately, the royals are far from accepting of this commoner. 

But to Olivia, Nicholas is worth it.

Nicholas grew up with the whole world watching, and now Marriage Watch is in full force. In the end, Nicholas has to decide who he is and, more importantly, who he wants to be: a King... or the man who gets to love Olivia forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment