Tuesday 18 October 2016

Review: Between Here and the Horizon by Callie Hart

****3.5 Stars****


It absolutely pains me to give a Callie hart book less than 5 stars and initially I had a every intention of giving it, however after an absolutely explosive start, this book for me just stagnated. For such a large portion of this book, I felt like it wasn't going anywhere. It didn't grip me like I know Callie's books so often do.
This book, I thought, was a romance and whilst this is the case, I felt the romance was kind of all crammed into the end rather than have it build naturally from the very beginning.
There are some positives though. It is a little difficult for me to be specific, but there was some huge moments in this book that literally grabbed my attention and those moments will become clear for those who read this book.
As it stands, I didn't dislike this book, however it just didn't blow me away like Callie's previous work and felt very tame in comparison, but still a great story all the same.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


“You think you know me. You think you want to know me. But trust me, Miss Lang. Pursuing me will be the worst mistake you ever make. I’m broken beyond repair...

...and I take great pleasure in breaking everyone else around me.”

Ophelia Lang needs money, and she needs it bad. Her parent’s restaurant is going under, and ever since she lost her job teaching third grade elementary, scraping enough cash together to pay the bills has proven almost impossible. Her parents are on the brink of losing their home. The vultures are circling overhead. So when Ophelia is offered an interview for a well-paid private tutoring gig in New York, how can she possibly say no? 

Ronan Fletcher is far from the overweight, balding businessman Ophelia expected him to be. He’s young, handsome, and wealthy beyond all reason. He’s also perhaps the coldest, rudest person she’s ever met, and has a mean streak in him a mile and a half wide. A hundred grand is a lot of money, however, and if tolerating his frosty temperament, his erratic mood swings and whatever else he throws at her means she’ll get paid, then that is what Ophelia will do. 

Her new boss is keeping secrets, though. Awful, terrible secrets. 

The ghosts of Ronan Fletcher’s past are about to turn Ophelia’s future upside down, and she can’t even see it coming. 



Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/2ehjyMC 
Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2dkxCYN



No comments:

Post a Comment