Tuesday 11 October 2016

Review: Sugar Free (Sugar Bowl #3) by Sawyer Bennett

***3 Stars***


This is the much anticipated conclusion to the Sugar Bowl trilogy. You must have read the first two books prior to picking up and reading Sugar Free. After being left with one hell of a cliffhanger at the end of Sugar Rush, I could not wait to dive into this one however this was my least favorite of the series. I had very high expectations after the first two books, but Sugar Free seemed to drag and I was bored for most of the book. The ending was predictable and made sense although it seemed very rushed. I have not read a Sawyer Bennett book yet that I haven't loved, but I had a really difficult time finishing this one, even going so far as skimming through it at times.
Beck and Sela's story starts off right where they left us at the end of book 2. They are forced to decide how to handle the latest matter JT has gotten them into. Their relationship is definitely tested in every way possible. I didn't really connect with Sela too much in this book and I was pissed at her for what she was putting Beck through. I felt more for Beck and his sister, Caroline, for what JT and their parents put them through. I can't really say much more without giving spoilers so I will just say that although the story dragged for me all the loose ends and questions that the first two books leave you with are tied up and answered in this book. This was just not the book for me but I still love Sawyer Bennett and cannot wait to see what she brings to us next.

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


Sela and Beck’s deliciously sinful tale of sex, lies, and vengeance reaches its explosive conclusion in the final chapter of Sawyer Bennett’s Sugar Bowl trilogy, which began with the novels Sugar Daddy and Sugar Rush.


For years Sela Halstead dreamed of revenge, but the quest for payback has been anything but sweet. Now, once again, she finds herself at the mercy of Jonathon Townsend, his hands crushing the very breath from her body. And even though she escapes with her life, Sela fears she may never recover. In desperate need of shelter and comfort, she runs to the one man she can trust. Beckett North has stood by Sela since the beginning. But can he handle the brutal truth?

Beck will do anything to protect what is his—and make no mistake, Sela belongs to him, heart and soul. The passion between them runs hot, even as their world begins to unravel. With the legacy of his ruthless business partner hanging in the balance, Beck stands to lose everything: his fortune, his family, his freedom. But each touch of Sela’s mouth on his skin, her nails down his back, makes it harder to let her go—and it might not even be his choice to make.





No comments:

Post a Comment