Monday 25 July 2016

Review: Perfect Rage (Unyielding #3) by Nashoda Rose

*****5 Stars*****


Brace yourselves! It's Conner's story!! Conner is possibly one of the most intriguing characters ever written, the mentions of him and his appearances in the other books left me desperate for his story.
Conner was presumed dead by his family, thought to have been killed while on a mission for a secret task force, then it was discovered he'd actually been taken by Vault and used as a guinea pig for a drug they had developed to make the man into a killing machine. The drug made Conner forget everyone, forget himself, he became an unfeeling killing machine doing Vault's dirty work.
But Conner is now out from under Vault's thumb and off the drug, and after saving the life of a girl from his past he finds he cannot stay away from her.
Alina is settling into her new life after being saved from her nightmare old life by Conner. She hasn't seen him since he left her in the hands of Deck who has been looking out for her since. At work at the bar one night, Conner makes an appearance. He's unstable, full of rage, totally imbalanced from the drug and his withdrawal...but he remembers her.
This is probably the most highly anticipated book in this series, I always look forward to new books in this series but this one in particular, I think all fans of the series were waiting on this one. And it did not disappoint. Conner totally draws you in, you feel his struggle along with him, his fear, his anger, his rage. But even at his most unstable I was totally in love with his character.
I loved the way this book was written, the way the chapters are laid out, the way it flashes from past to present. The way Nashoda Rose ordered these chapters gives you the full effect of their story and ensures you feel all the emotions along with the characters.
I have to mention Alina as well, I adored her, what a great female lead. I admired her strength, determination and loyalty.
Now, at the end of the book Nashoda says she's keen to know which characters we'd like to read more about. My answer? ALL OF THEM! Lol! Vic has me seriously intrigued, he's obviously been through something awful, he's so serious and almost unemotional, I'd like to know what made him become so detached. Also Deaglan, what's going on with him and his brother in Ireland? Are we going to Ireland in the next book, Nashoda? Either way, I'm not fussy which character gets written next as long as this series continues, I don't want it to ever end!

Reviewed by Steph Lewis


This is Connor's story.

Unstable.
Unpredictable.
Consumed by perfect rage.
I was fighting who I’d become and what I’d done.

There was nothing I cared about except her.
She was mine.
But I’d forgotten her—my shutterbug.
And I lost her.

Until now.

I’d do anything to possess her again.
Anything to keep her safe.
Protect her against my biggest opponent.

The monster.

Me.




No comments:

Post a Comment