Sunday 17 July 2016

Review: Blood to Dust by L.J. Shen

*****5 Stars*****


Well if we could turn fictional characters into real people then Nate Velo could grace my bed anytime he damn well likes that's for sure.
After being told to babysit the condemned to death Prescott from his boss Goddfrey, Beat aka Nate seems to be struggling with the concept of keeping her prisoner. As the days go on he is beginning to get attracted to her but he hasn't found anyone appealing since he was released from prison, so where does that leave him? Prescott seeks revenge on Goddfrey and his son but didn't bargain on having to kill a third person, that is until she decides to try use beat in a sexual enticement game but what she didn't plan on was falling in love cause let's face it she's got people to kill and all that Jazz. So then what happens next? Well I will let people read for themselves how it all pans out but don't expect rainbows and unicorns on the journey!
I feel like sometimes I write the same thing over and over when writing reviews. I've never really had the knack or creative mind for individuality and I get frustrated because sometimes I feel I don't do the book justice. What I will say though is the LJ Shen certainly has a raw talent for putting words on a page and turning it into a story that will have you hooked and drawn in completely and utterly. This is one author I will follow around like a lapdog to seek out her next book especially in the dark genre.

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


His name is Beat, and I should hate him.

Bound, blindfolded and bruised, I'm tied in his basement, waiting for the men who stripped me from clothes and humanity to collect his debt to them. Me.

His name is Nate and I should hate him, but I don't.

I'm not supposed to know his real name, even worse, I'm not supposed to care. He is nothing to me but means to an end. The plan is simple: break free, collect the pieces of my broken soul, kill the bastards and run away.

His name is Nathaniel Thomas Vela, and I've never seen his face, though I hear that it's beautiful.

Behind the rugged and handsome exterior, there's a quiet murderer, a killer who thinks guns are for pussies and ends people with his bare hands.

His name doesn't matter, neither does his face, but what does matter is my heart. And right now, sadly, it's his.
Blood to Dust is a standalone, full-length novel. It contains graphic violence and adult situations some may find offensive.




No comments:

Post a Comment