Friday 15 July 2016

Review: Filthy English (English #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills

*****5 Stars*****


Yay! Dax's story!! We met Dax in book one, he's the brother of Declan. In this book we meet Remi, she's down on her luck having been dumped by her fiance just before her wedding was supposed to take place. In a bid to overcome her heartache she decides to go ahead with her honeymoon to London and takes her best friend Lulu with her. Whilst partying it up in a London masquerade club she ends up quite literally falling at the feet of a hot English guy. Only she soon discovers he isn't just any English guy, he's Dax Blay, the hottie of her college, star of her fantasies and ex-fling.
I really liked Remi, I had a real soft spot for her and I was rooting for her to get her happy ending. She was quite timid at times I thought, but she also had a backbone when it counted. I found her really endearing.
Dax is just hot stuff! I want to know who these English men are that the author uses for the inspiration behind her sexy Brits! And he's not just a looker, he's pretty deep too and a little broken, basically the epitome of what us ladies look for in a lead male of a romance story.
Now talking of Brits, I love reading an American's take on us English folk. I have to say Ilsa Madden-Mills gets it pretty close, there were a few moments where I thought, "that's not quite how a Brit would say that", but nowhere near as many as you'd think. I was pretty impressed overall. I particularly enjoyed the use of the word 'b*llocks', it's one of my favourite words and does not get enough air time in my opinion!
This was a great follow up to Dirty English, this series is shaping up to be a seriously good college romance series and I definitely recommend it.
Now, please please please can we have Spider and Lulu next?!

Reviewed by Steph Lewis

A smokin’ hot British player…
A jilted girl…
One night of mistaken identity…
Two weeks before her wedding, Remi Montague’s fiancé drops her faster than a drunken sorority girl in stilettos. Armed with her best friend and a bottle of tequila, she hops a plane to London to drown her sorrows before fall semester begins at Whitman University.

She didn't plan on attending a masquerade party.

She sure didn’t plan on waking up next to the British bad boy who broke her heart three years ago—the devastatingly handsome
and naked Dax Blay. Furthermore, she has no clue how they acquired matching tattoos.

Once back at Whitman together, they endeavor to pretend they never had their night of unbridled passion in London.

But that’s damn hard to do when you live in the same house…
One night. Two damaged hearts. The passion of a lifetime.



No comments:

Post a Comment