Friday 15 July 2016

Review: Forbidden Heat (Firework Girls #1) by J.L. White

***3 Stars***


This was a new to me author and I was first drawn in by the insanely hot abs on the cover and the whole student-teacher forbidden romance is usually a favorite of mine but this one didn't quite hit the mark.
Shane was insanely hot especially being the forbidden teacher but he didn't really have much substance to him. The book was told completely in Isabella's POV and while that was okay I would have preferred to have at least a little more insight into Shane's mind and what he was thinking and feeling. All we get are Isabella's thoughts, reactions, and feelings. We get very little insight into Shane unless it's during one of their sexy times which make up pretty much the whole book in my opinion. I think Shane was sweet but he played a minor role in Isabella's story and her descriptions of him fell a little flat to me.
While I thought this was book was enjoyable, I felt like it was a whole lot of sexy times with very little dialogue and substance to it. The sexual chemistry between Isabella and Shane was completely off the charts but the relationship development didn't really go much further from there in my eyes. It was an insta-love type of relationship and I am not the biggest fan.
On the other hand, I loved Isabella's interactions with her friends, The Firework Girls, and I felt like they were a bunch of fun relatable college girls which is why I will probably read the other books in this series at some point.

Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler


Don’t Pet the Teacher

They call us the Firework Girls.

I’m Isabella. My comfort zone consists of a bank of test tubes and a Bunsen burner. But having to take a philosophy class to graduate from college—well, that’s causing a different kind of burn altogether. I mean, the hottest professor at Hartman is looking right at me.

Can you blame me for looking back?




No comments:

Post a Comment